Did you have a Suzuki Katana stolen in Hamilton/Niagara region? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you have a Suzuki Katana stolen in Hamilton/Niagara region?

tat2

Site Supporter
Then the police may have recovered it.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/hamilton/hamilton-police-stolen-goods-1.4561126

Police looking for owners of $20K worth of stolen property

Power tools, equipment, car keys and televisions were among the goods found at a Stoney Creek home

CBC News
32 Minutes Ago

hamilton-police-stolen-proporty-seized.JPG
While executing a search warrant at a home in Stoney Creek, Hamilton police found a large quantity of stolen goods estimated to be a total of $20,000. (Hamilton Police Service

After finding thousands of dollars worth of stolen goods at a home in Stoney Creek, Hamilton police are now looking for the owners to claim back their belongings.
Hamilton police estimate the value of the stolen goods to be about $20,000 — this includes power tools, equipment, car keys and televisions.
On Feb. 22 police say they attempted to arrest a 32-year-old Hamilton man when he fled a Stoney Creek home.
Police say a search warrant was executed on the property where they found the large quantity of stolen items.
According to police, the man was arrested and charged at the time in relation to an outstanding warrant and as a result of the stolen property, additional charges will be laid.
Police say this is an on-going investigation.
Police are asking for anyone who may believe their property may be included in this incident to contact Det. Sgt. Emidio Evangelista at (905) 546-2991.

hamilton...these days it seems to be on the news for the wrong reasons

These days? I live there lol, it's always been on the news for the wrong reasons, but mostly for the Torontonians that have moved here ;)

Some nice stuff there for the next sale.
Looks like a lot of stuff taken overnight iff driveways of work trucks.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Boy that Katana looks familiar... though the one I'm thinking of, the owner had it chained to the driveway

Edit: After some excavation of digital history, it turns out to be a different bike

Last edited:
Who steals a Katana? Honestly?

Pretty sure the insurance company then owns it.

But would anyone with a Katana have theft coverage? ;)

Who steals a Katana? Honestly?

People steal anything that's an easy grab.

I had a Ninja 500 stolen 3 times. Was the SAME BIKE in different places. First two times I got it back the next day....with smashed ignition/cut wires and **** I had to repair out of pocket. Wasn't worth the insurance claim.

Last edited:
LOL, They probably left it outside overnight with the keys in it and hoping it won't be recovered. Glad to see the police finding this stuff anyways. What happens if they find your bike once paid out by the insurance company?

Yes, insurance company owns it. The Ninja 500 I mentioned in the post above was recovered about 10 weeks after the 3rd theft. Insurance companies wait 30 days before paying out on thefts because the vehicles often turn up. Inside 30 days, they assess damage and if it's repairable similar to a collision inspection.

People steal anything that's an easy grab.
Ain't that the truth. A co-worker had her Civic broken into four times. The fourth time, the thieves made off with her snow brush and windshield washer fluid, because that's all she left in the car.

Ain't that the truth. A co-worker had her Civic broken into four times. The fourth time, the thieves made off with her snow brush and windshield washer fluid, because that's all she left in the car.

I had my car broken into many years ago. The thief felt sorry for me as he/she left me a Dollar. Honest. Lol.

I'm so glad car radios are worthless now, or at least normal ones. That was a stupid thing to have to worry about

Back
Top Bottom