Need a new helmet! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Need a new helmet!

Deciding on whether to get the Bell Star race helmet or the shoei rf1200? Anybody have a good comparison between the two? I ride an upright bike.

Have a Bell star and a Shoei RF1100, i find they fit pretty similar.

Pro for the Bell is the transition visor was quite a bit cheaper than the Shoei the last time i checked prices. Visor also is easier to change with the Bell. Interior and fit and finish i give the nod to Shoei. Both vent pretty decently(so will be somewhat noisey), you need/should wear earplugs regardless of which brand you go with, upright bike or not.

V

So this thread has gotten me thinking that I'd like to replace my hjc fg17 with something quieter and with speaker pockets.
I've been doing alot of reading on helmets and which are the best for upright touring/riding.
So I got up today and went to Royal in Innisfil. Tried on an rf1200, Gt air, bell star, shark evoline, srt modular, and a few others, none were right or had everything I wanted.
Went out to the car and after a little Google-fu I was on my way to Riders Choice.
I was met by Matt, a very patient guy. He helped me try on a Schuberth C3 pro, a Klim K1r, a Klim modular, and a Klim Krios and he explained the differences and pros/cons of each.
Although the Klim was lighter, it didn't have the same fit and finish or the comfort of the Schuberth for me.
Although I shudder when I think of the price, I'm the happy new owner of a Schuberth C3 pro. It has a modular build, drop down sun visor, and comes with pin lock visor pre installed.
Did an inaugural run around 250 km with it and couldn't be happier. Very light, super comfortable, relatively quiet, sun visor comes down low enough to function properly. Home run.
1b8d802fc07969a651e75876b531d9a6.jpg
f175a6bd1f88458309de03701851f024.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

For anyone interested. Royal Distribution in Guelph has a clearance rack full of helmets.
I just picked up a Bell Star for $288, all in. They go for around $650 when not on sale.

Not sure how long the sale is on for, but I would hurry up and pick up one of these sick deals.

For anyone interested. Royal Distribution in Guelph has a clearance rack full of helmets.
I just picked up a Bell Star for $288, all in. They go for around $650 when not on sale.

Not sure how long the sale is on for, but I would hurry up and pick up one of these sick deals.
GP bikes had it for $299 for the last few weeks. Bought one and it's amazing. Broke it in today.

GP bikes had it for $299 for the last few weeks. Bought one and it's amazing. Broke it in today.

Yeah, I drove out there on Saturday for the last day of the sale. It was swamped in there and didn't even end up buying anything.

Ah well.. Wish I could say I had fun riding out there, but almost got hit a few times on the highway.

Yeah, I drove out there on Saturday for the last day of the sale. It was swamped in there and didn't even end up buying anything.

Ah well.. Wish I could say I had fun riding out there, but almost got hit a few times on the highway.

Ah, had a feeling Saturday will be bad. I went on a weekday, first day of the sale. I guess Royal will be similar story this coming weekend.

And the clear visor won't stay up ..

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/schuberth-c3-pro-visor-wont-stay-open.1085608/

which according to Schuberth is a "safety feature"
Maybe Wonderings can answer on that.

....but yeah quiet helmet, excellent sun visor....it is on the warm side which s excellent this time of year but I wondered about hot weather riding.
Enjoy.
No problems with mine open at 90ish km/h. Of course it is brand new, and it will wear in. Matt at Riders Choice told me to bring it back if I have any issues, they are an authorized repair center and I have a five year warranty on the helmet.
I can see this one being a bit warmer in the summer but it does vent decently, of course once the vents are open the noise levels increase a fair bit. I do still have my fg17 which is only two years old and does flow a ton of air for those super hot days.
On a side note, was told that if I'm in an accident and the helmet is destroyed inside of the warranty period, schuberth will "heavily discount" a replacement.
Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

rode down to gpbikes this past saturday for the sale. tried on a bunch of helmets. for some reason i hate the weird shape of scorpion helmets? they look super weird and bulky. tried on a shoei rf-sr and loved it. but a little too pricey for my budget.

Back
Top Bottom