Bottoming out | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bottoming out

Cat

Hello, I took my bike for a ride today and started hearing a clunking noise in the front (I believe it's the suspension). I found out it might be bottoming out and the suspension needs to be adjusted. If that's the case, does anyone know how much it costs to adjust?

What bike? Knocking from bottoming out would be strange (bottoming out on the street would be strange especially with the road conditions now). My guess would be head bearings or loose brake components. Either way, having an experienced/competent person give it a once over is worthwhile. Frekeyguy is in Brampton and competent and affordable, I would contact him if you don't want to go to a conventional mechanic.

have your fork seals been leaking oil?
"fork might be bottoming out?" can you not tell yourself if it is bottoming out or not? I mean ...is it, or is it not?

Last edited:
Put a tie wrap around your fork to gauge how much travel you are actually using.If it was bottoming out,i think you would have been feeling a really heavy jolt to the bars.It's probably something else.

Back
Top Bottom