GoPro Dropped the Ball | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GoPro Dropped the Ball

Are they OS compatible I was thinking of purchasing one but now after reading some of this and if they’re only working on windows 10 I will save my money

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

The gopro software may be win 10 only. You can still transfer the files from the gopro and use it with any other software that you like.

Most people using a real gopro are recording HD, because lets face it, if you're not, then you can get a potato action cam for under $50 instead of spending $4-600 on a good camera. Are people really trying to process HD video on equipment that old? I don't think the OS requirement is going to be the biggest hurdle if that's the case. I had to get an i7 when I got my Hero 4, because my black edition AMD 6 core had trouble with 1080p60. I can just imagine trying to process true 4k with something old enough to be running win 7.
I have a 9 year old laptop, Core II Duo, integrated graphics. I can do simple edits to 1080p using avidemux on Win 7.

I don't know, I would get alot of stuttering, and out of sync audio after rendering.

I don't know, I would get alot of stuttering, and out of sync audio after rendering.

Newer codecs will do that on playback. I was on an older i5-2500 PC and in August upgraded to an i7-7700k because the prices had come down and I wanted something that was able to play h265 10bit 4k encodes to the TV. This made me consider GoPros and new 4k TV. Additionally, some cameras on smartphones are now recording in HEVC instead of the h.264 only and when the bitrates go up, then you are having a problem with editing, playback, etc.

I considered a new GoPro because I had been telling myself to wait until they start pushing 4k60p... any kind of action looks horrid in 30fps. Watched quite a few review videos with the competing brands of action cams and decided not to bother. I'll wait a bit longer as I am still not on a 4k TV yet.

I've never cared about 4k. Frame rate trumps resolution for me. I'd rather watch 720p60 than 4k24 any day. That's why I was happy to find the last Hero 4 silver that costco had last year. I won't buy a new generation until it's doing 4k60.

Most people using a real gopro are recording HD, because lets face it, if you're not, then you can get a potato action cam for under $50 instead of spending $4-600 on a good camera. Are people really trying to process HD video on equipment that old? I don't think the OS requirement is going to be the biggest hurdle if that's the case. I had to get an i7 when I got my Hero 4, because my black edition AMD 6 core had trouble with 1080p60. I can just imagine trying to process true 4k with something old enough to be running win 7.[/QUOTE

My higgildy got all caught up in my squiggildy and then the double overhead moisturizer valve wouldn't mesh with the grapple grommets ......
And that's why I don't have a cell phone.

Back
Top Bottom