GoPro Dropped the Ball | GTAMotorcycle.com

GoPro Dropped the Ball

arogal

Has anyone purchased a go pro in the last 6 months? Well they sure dropped the ball with their software. If you currently have the old software and are using windows 7 or 8 DO NOT get rid of it. The new GoPro software will only work on Windows 10. I have no idea why GoPro would do something so schitty as many people are still currently using Windows 7&8. I have been busting my balls trying to find a copy of the previous version software so I can move videos and pictures to my computer, but it seems impossible to find.
Anyone else in the same boat as me? I was on the GoPro forums and ppl are furious because the only way they can look at their videos are through their phones while its paired to the GP via wifi because they can't transfer anything to their comp.
Shame on you GoPro, you have screwed many people with this decision.
Rant ended.

Sucks, but you don't need that buggy software anyway. I never use it with mine - I just take out the card and insert it in an SD adapter, or plug the camera in and drag-drop files onto the laptop.

Do they not come with SD or MicroSD cards anymore?? What's wrong with just copying them over using a memory card reader? I don't think I've ever even used the "GoPro" software...

*edit* - Matt beat me to it!

Sucks, but you don't need that buggy software anyway. I never use it with mine - I just take out the card and insert it in an SD adapter, or plug the camera in and drag-drop files onto the laptop.
I don't remember the last time I felt this retarded LMAO! I've already prepared myself for the trolling HAHA.
Tank you

Nah, this isn't the kind of forum where we let jokes drag on forever or drop hints referring to funny old threads.

*cough*carrots*cough*fundraisers

I don't remember the last time I felt this retarded LMAO! I've already prepared myself for the trolling HAHA.
Tank you

I didn't even know there was a different way. How were you doing it without taking the card out or plugging the camera in?

I didn't even know there was a different way. How were you doing it without taking the card out or plugging the camera in?

I've never done it, but you might be able to do wifi transfer if you want the slowest way possible.

Ya I was doing that. It would then transfer all the photo's/videos directly into the GP editing program.

Well you can't blame them for not supporting an 8-year-old software on a newer version. Even the government doesn't ask you to carry more than 7 years of tax info for an audit. And lets be real, windows 8 was a flop so it doesnt even matter that it's more recent ahaha.

Well you can't blame them for not supporting an 8-year-old software on a newer version. Even the government doesn't ask you to carry more than 7 years of tax info for an audit. And lets be real, windows 8 was a flop so it doesnt even matter that it's more recent ahaha.

Windows 8 was developed in 2012. It would actually be about 5.5 years old, not 8. GP is the only software I've seen to date that absolutely requires windows 10. I do agree with you, windows 8 is garbage.

AFAIK the latest GoPro software is not super useful to begin with. It seems to be entirely geared towards automagically creating highlight compilations based on music, and not really towards editing.

That said thinking about video editing in general stresses me out, the last time I took a crack it I went through a bunch of programs and I didn't like any of them. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium between overwhelmingly complicated and extremely limited

Most people using a real gopro are recording HD, because lets face it, if you're not, then you can get a potato action cam for under $50 instead of spending $4-600 on a good camera. Are people really trying to process HD video on equipment that old? I don't think the OS requirement is going to be the biggest hurdle if that's the case. I had to get an i7 when I got my Hero 4, because my black edition AMD 6 core had trouble with 1080p60. I can just imagine trying to process true 4k with something old enough to be running win 7.

Are they OS compatible I was thinking of purchasing one but now after reading some of this and if they’re only working on windows 10 I will save my money

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom