Federal Budget! 358 references to 'gender,' 456 to 'investing' money | GTAMotorcycle.com

Federal Budget! 358 references to 'gender,' 456 to 'investing' money

Elect a clown, expect a circus.

the australians call him a 'himbo'

There's no questioning its a 'liberal' budget.

I'm simple minded, but I'm having trouble with 400m already spent on the pheonix pay system and needing 400m more to get it to work. That to me is staggering.
Wouldn't the US govt have a bigger system already , that apparently works just fine, could we not have just bought one like that?

I'm simple minded, but I'm having trouble with 400m already spent on the pheonix pay system and needing 400m more to get it to work. That to me is staggering.
Wouldn't the US govt have a bigger system already , that apparently works just fine, could we not have just bought one like that?

They have to go to the lowest bidder for the program . Knowing full well the company will be back for more money when the system does not work .

If I recall a company in Ontario stalled bridge beam upside-down. Then they bid and won to fix the job .

Your logic and common sense make you exempt from any Government dealings.

This federal and provincial government make me wish there was a way to boycott taxes.

Phoenix was the previous governments doing. Current government is left with cleaning up the mess.

What happened to running one (1) $10billion deficit, then balancing the budget thereafter? Wasn't that the promise? The clown is adding $50billion to the public debt that is already at over $600billion. That means...higher taxes for the middle class. Remember the middle class? The ones he was supposed to be helping out?

What happened to running one (1) $10billion deficit, then balancing the budget thereafter? Wasn't that the promise? The clown is adding $50billion to the public debt that is already at over $600billion. That means...higher taxes for the middle class. Remember the middle class? The ones he was supposed to be helping out?

He lied, what else is new.

well we didnt know what a mess the previous gov't left us, until we got to look at the books. Standard answer.

Yeah because the public coffers are top secret.........

This federal and provincial government make me wish there was a way to boycott taxes.
What's the similarity between a taxman & a thief??

They both take your money whether you like it or not.

They have to go to the lowest bidder for the program . Knowing full well the company will be back for more money when the system does not work .

If I recall a company in Ontario stalled bridge beam upside-down. Then they bid and won to fix the job .

Phoenix was the previous governments doing. Current government is left with cleaning up the mess.

It’s not even really a Liberal or Conservative problem. It’s the federal procurement process that’s a joke and is in need of massive overhaul.

Neither Liberal or Conservative governments have done anything to fix it.

How the **** do people still not understand the idea of "tech debt"....

油井緋色;2552332 said:
How the **** do people still not understand the idea of "tech debt"....

It's a software development term?

It's a software development term?

The term should have still profilerated out of just software development considering how literally everything is tied to software now.

Oh well, maybe people will figure it out eventually.

EDIT: No, I take it back. That term's been around for 30+ years.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2552343 said:
The term should have still profilerated out of just software development considering how literally everything is tied to software now.

Oh well, maybe people will figure it out eventually.

EDIT: No, I take it back. That term's been around for 30+ years.

I worked in Software Development for around 30 years, never heard of it.
We had a simpler terms back in the day, either "short term thinking", or "I want it yesterday".

I pictured it more as using backward technology, and later on having to catch up.

Tech debt is a metaphor, typically used retrospectively to describe the recovery cost on a project failings. In simple terms has the same meaning as the famous Fram tagline "pay me now, or pay me later."

Examples of notable projects that were said to have a lot of tech debt: Apple Newton, Windows Vista, Ontario E-Health, Phoenix. Samsung Note7.

So when the developers cant make it work, need more money to sort it out, for whatever reason, its tech debt.

if it was underestimated in the first place, poorly designed, poorly implimented, impossible to reset, rediculously complicated to program, we'd just call it mismanagement in my office out loud ( a cluster f quietly) but i get it now, its tech debt

Back
Top Bottom