Fortnine now selectively charges restocking fees | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fortnine now selectively charges restocking fees

I'd be interested to see whatever correspondence you've had with them. Though I could see a policy when you buy and return stuff constantly (like you said you've done), they will charge you extra. Maybe it's hidden in their fine print somewhere.

Either way I love FortNine. I've bought everything from helmets, gloves, tires, oil, my DRZ exhaust, and more. Never had a problem.

Not constantly. Simply three items; one due to fit. One an exchange. And another an incorrect description on their part.

Same-love then and have had no problems-until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irony... 'Come here to critique FortNine and their logo gets stuck in your post... Lol

2w1utko.jpg

P.s. I returned a pair of riding shoes (unworn, labels attached), exchanged an unused handlebar (due to a mislabeling on the site), and returned a helmet lock (due to it incorrectly being described). The last two items were in 30-60 days, but relatively cheap considering my annual spend. F9 kindly approved the return despite their policy.

So it was past the 30 days that they require to not charge a restocking fee. Seems simple math to me.

I don't blame online places for restocking fees. its not like they're keeping this stuff on hand. They order as a middleman for you. You send back, they're not going to keep it happily.

This is why you have brick and mortars - you can go in, try and if you like, buy. But you're paying for that ability.

Ppl don't get this today -they go into stores and buy cuz its cheaper online - there's a reason for that.

as someone who has strictly bought online(with one exception)

Wouldn't the latest stuff be found online first? Instead of having to wait months, possibly a whole year before the cutting edge stuff makes it to the brick and mortar stores in the barren wasteland of motorcycles known as canada?

Businesses sometimes need to fire problem customers. It happens. If you are not a problem customer...no problem.

Abuse of a return policy is one way to be a problem customer.

still cheaper than GP. I will still shop at Fortnine first and foremost/

Even Costco has changed their policy. About the only place that would take back abused stuff nowadays would be MEC.

GP will price match F9, plus you get to try stuff on. I also like F9. Had no issues with them, but I rarely buy anything on-line unless I'm pretty sure I will not be returning it.

I recently returned an item that was the most expensive item I've purchased from them with no issue.

Sounds like something is missing from this story.

Fortnine now applies restocking fees to all future purchases for particular customers.

It looks like they want to hand pick their customers and push the rest of them to GP Bikes, Town Moto and Revzilla.
Which particular customers? And why would they only be targeting particular customers? Must be something else here you're not telling us. Do you have a high rate of returns with them?

I’ve asked F9 for reasons behind implementing a blanket restocking fee on all my returns. I’m very curious.

I found one item at F9 that I was interested in...
Their price was $49 higher than at a retail place...
However... Going to the retail location would take a couple hours out of my day and $20 worth of gas.
I'd rather pay the extra $50 and have it delivered.

GP will price match F9, plus you get to try stuff on. I also like F9. Had no issues with them, but I rarely buy anything on-line unless I'm pretty sure I will not be returning it.

really now?

Another upside of GP are the coupons they send out at the beginning of the year with their catalogs. I forgot the 20% off coupon when I went in to buy my gloves last summer, though made a joke about forgetting it while paying and she gave me the discount anyways. They were like $200 gloves, so I saved a decent bit.

The one issue I have with GP is that they rarely have what I want in stock. I'll go on their website, find what I want, drive to store to try it on, and its not in stock. I always end up leaving with something different then I came in for. Which turns out poorly about 50% of the time.

All companies have to draw the line somewhere. If someone defecated into a helmet and returned it, I wouldn't purchase it, even if they gave me a slight discount.

I don't understand how no restocking fee is feasible for an online business at all. I mean what's stopping people from ordering thousands of dollars worth of equipment, playing around with it for a few days, then returning it? There should be a maximum amount of items you can return (say 1 per year) and anything beyond that you are charged a restocking fee.

Back
Top Bottom