Fortnine now selectively charges restocking fees | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fortnine now selectively charges restocking fees

caramelgq

For a store that doesn’t have a retail presence, the cost of acquiring customers is to allow the return of goods without a restocking fee.

Fortnine now applies restocking fees to all future purchases for particular customers.

It looks like they want to hand pick their customers and push the rest of them to GP Bikes, Town Moto and Revzilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a store that doesn’t have a retail presence, the cost of acquiring customers is to allow the return of goods without a restocking fee.

Fortnine now applies restocking fees to all future purchases for particular customers.

It looks like they want to hand pick their customers and push the rest of them to GP Bikes, Town Moto and Revzilla.

Simple. I will not shop there. Bye bye 49

Do you have anymore details? Like what you tried to return, when you bought it, still in the package? Etc

I buy from there somewhat frequently so I'm curious and this is the first time I've heard of anyone having an issue returning something.

I see no difference in their return policy...

Return Policy

Return new and unused items within 30 days of delivery for a refund. Items must be returned in their original product packaging including all literature / documentation and original tags.

There are no restocking fees on product returns that meet the above conditions

If this is in fact true, I’m guessing they are getting fed up with certain customers buying and returning too often...must be for the few problem customers that they want to discourage the buying behaviour.

Interesting. Would be great if there was more info mentioned.

I shopped at fortnine for the 1st time last week- and bought an alpinestars faster shoes on sale. Unfortunately, the shoe was too tight- and I returned it today.

I spoke to a rep before initiating the return, and he said there's no restocking fee.

OP- did you mean the 7$ return shipping charge?

Fort nine is usually my go-to for gear!

I wanted to post this to my riding community not to complain about F9, which has been great to me in the past, but rather as advice.

If you’re relatively sure that you’ll keep your purchases, keep on rocking F9.

If you don’t have that confidence — perhaps you don’t have access to a retail store (like me) — consider purchasing elsewhere.

P.s. I returned a pair of riding shoes (unworn, labels attached), exchanged an unused handlebar (due to a mislabeling on the site), and returned a helmet lock (due to it incorrectly being described). The last two items were in 30-60 days, but relatively cheap considering my annual spend. F9 kindly approved the return despite their policy.

Interesting. Would be great if there was more info mentioned.

I shopped at fortnine for the 1st time last week- and bought an alpinestars faster shoes on sale. Unfortunately, the shoe was too tight- and I returned it today.

I spoke to a rep before initiating the return, and he said there's no restocking fee.

OP- did you mean the 7$ return shipping charge?

They explicitly said I would have a 10% restocking fee on my current purchase if it were to be returned (new leather jacket and boots for my gf) as well as on all future purchases. They asked me to confirm I wanted to proceed with my order. I politely cancelled.

Sounds more like Internet window shopping than legitimate purchases/returns. I'll buy hard parts online no issue, clothing and gear I prefer to try on first. Bricks and mortar.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Got a link that shows this policy change anywhere online?

In this brave new world of Fake News, we'll need something more than passive-aggressive speculation from a <100 post count GTAMer to even bother looking in the direction of the pitchfork & torches storage shed.

In this brave new world of Fake News, we'll need something more than passive-aggressive speculation from a <100 post count GTAMer to even bother looking in the direction of the pitchfork & torches storage shed.

Indeed, especially when their website still shows the exact contrary to what OP is stating.

https://fortnine.ca/en/easy-returns

I suspect there's more to the story that the OP is selectively not sharing with us.

That’s a valid point.

I suppose there is no way for the community to validate the restocking fee policy that F9 has or on me.

Although the perceptive reader will note I am not suggesting don’t buy from them. I’m suggesting continue buying from them, but beware if you are ordering the item without knowing whether it will fit (clothing). Eventually returns will catch up to you.

Ordered an item 4pm Friday...
Arrived at my door 12:30 today (monday)

I have no complaints about FortNine.

'Worried about restocking fees...?
Don't buy stuff you think you might have to return

I'd be interested to see whatever correspondence you've had with them. Though I could see a policy when you buy and return stuff constantly (like you said you've done), they will charge you extra. Maybe it's hidden in their fine print somewhere.

Either way I love FortNine. I've bought everything from helmets, gloves, tires, oil, my DRZ exhaust, and more. Never had a problem.

Love Fortnine! I just spent close to $1000 with them on tools a few weeks ago, prices were better then local shops and free shipping. They are great for me but I am not the type to have to return things, at least not due to anything wrong on my end. Only returned something once, and it was the manufactures fault, wrong color part in the package. They Emailed me a return shipping label and shipped out the correct part before I even sent the wrong one back...

Fort nine is usually my go-to for gear!

I wanted to post this to my riding community not to complain about F9, which has been great to me in the past, but rather as advice.

If you’re relatively sure that you’ll keep your purchases, keep on rocking F9.

If you don’t have that confidence — perhaps you don’t have access to a retail store (like me) — consider purchasing elsewhere.

P.s. I returned a pair of riding shoes (unworn, labels attached), exchanged an unused handlebar (due to a mislabeling on the site), and returned a helmet lock (due to it incorrectly being described). The last two items were in 30-60 days, but relatively cheap considering my annual spend. F9 kindly approved the return despite their policy.

I think that's a possible explanation. They have probably deemed that you have a high % of returns.

I have read that amazon bans and deletes buyer accounts with high return %

I think that's a possible explanation. They have probably deemed that you have a high % of returns.

I have read that amazon bans and deletes buyer accounts with high return %

Yes, thats true about Amazon. Ive heard of that too. Targetting people who have excessive high returns. Whatever they deem that level to be.

Back
Top Bottom