BMW f650cs | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW f650cs

It's an ECVT.

I'd not worry about the technical aspect. It's the same transmission as the Burgman 650 with additional settings.
A CVT has a lot of advantages and that transmission has been around since 2003 and refined. There are dozens of vehicles with ECVT transmissions.

TwoWheel is a dealer

Two Wheel Motorsport

5473 Hwy 6 North
Guelph N1H 6J2
PHONE: (519) 836-1957
WEB www.twowheelmotorsport.ca

Decent people..... bought one of my Vstroms from them so you have parts available from a mainstream dealer.

You totally lost me. Sorry

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

So my friend informed she is not ready to give up on her bike, but she did pass on her thoughts....

“I suppose it says a lot that I am still too fond of my CS to sell it. I would comment that he check if the belt was recently changed and he does not plan on a lot of off roading as the GS is a better choice due to the chain and height. The other thing to consider would be the tires. Just because it does not have a lot of km the tires may be pretty old.
My bike has just had the belt done along with the usual BMW service. So I am looking forward to warmer weather to ride. Probably in the range of 4,000.”

Cheers

And it was her husband looking to sell one of his bikes...I had my wires crossed...

Last edited:
Thread jack.... if dealing with Two Wheel make sure they get all the keys for whichever bike you buy. Once out the door they don’t give a crap.

The 650s is a great bike. A bit "soul-less" perhaps. But overall very comfortable, easy to maintain (parts can be pricey, but the actual work is easy) and reliable. You will take a hit on the power compared to your sv, but the immediate torque of a big single cylinder is a hoot around town and on backroads. It is adequate on the hwy, especially with a small rider but is not a speed demon.
Remembering your issues getting used to the sv, I'd think this would make a good bike for you.
As far as pricing it's hard to say without knowing what the dealer is asking.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Very good summary.

Have had one for 13 years. It is the wife's bike. She has ridden various bikes over the years and for her goal of weekend riding she would rate it a 9/10.

13 years and it's only cost me normal maintenance.

I've been biting my tongue on this thread, honestly, my buddy had a F650, it was ok, but if you can swing it, step up to the F650GS or F800 series.

excellent bikes for what they are with same belt drive, light weight, and twin cyl for decent power.

BMW makes a great motorcycle with the best ergos out there,no question.But remember it's a euro bike with premium costs and a spotty dealer network.

You might want to get in touch with @roadrash on the thread about selling a bike to a dealer for cash. He’s getting ready to sell a Kawi ER6n which might suit you @adrisen.

You might want to get in touch with @roadrash on the thread about selling a bike to a dealer for cash. He’s getting ready to sell a Kawi ER6n which might suit you @adrisen.

Thanks @Robbo! @adrisen, please PM me if you're interested in a 2014 Kawasaki Er-6n (black). Absolutely mint condition.

Back
Top Bottom