BMW f650cs | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW f650cs

Sure. I would love to know what one thinks of the bike. I am not familiar with it. I also love the look of the royal enfield

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

650cs was very affordable, belt drive, storage compartment where gas tank normally is right? IIRC it was meh. Personally, I would prefer a 300 and save on the insurance. I never heard anything awful about the CS, it just has no soul.

As far as enfields, they are heavy and slow and will likely require more mechanicing than a jap/german bike. I wouldn't want an enfield as my only bike.

Yeah I guess op doesn’t know about poor build quality, and difficult to find parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

650cs was very affordable, belt drive, storage compartment where gas tank normally is right? IIRC it was meh. Personally, I would prefer a 300 and save on the insurance. I never heard anything awful about the CS, it just has no soul.

As far as enfields, they are heavy and slow and will likely require more mechanicing than a jap/german bike. I wouldn't want an enfield as my only bike.

Ok thanks. I appreciate that. Actually the insurance on the 300 is more then on the 650

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

The 650s is a great bike. A bit "soul-less" perhaps. But overall very comfortable, easy to maintain (parts can be pricey, but the actual work is easy) and reliable. You will take a hit on the power compared to your sv, but the immediate torque of a big single cylinder is a hoot around town and on backroads. It is adequate on the hwy, especially with a small rider but is not a speed demon.
Remembering your issues getting used to the sv, I'd think this would make a good bike for you.
As far as pricing it's hard to say without knowing what the dealer is asking.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

The 650s is a great bike. A bit "soul-less" perhaps. But overall very comfortable, easy to maintain (parts can be pricey, but the actual work is easy) and reliable. You will take a hit on the power compared to your sv, but the immediate torque of a big single cylinder is a hoot around town and on backroads. It is adequate on the hwy, especially with a small rider but is not a speed demon.
Remembering your issues getting used to the sv, I'd think this would make a good bike for you.
As far as pricing it's hard to say without knowing what the dealer is asking.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thanks. I am also going to look at an 09 aprilia mana 850. But can’t find much on it. The guy wants 3500. Has a scratch ibthink about 25000 km

Thanks. I am also going to look at an 09 aprilia mana 850. But can’t find much on it. The guy wants 3500. Has a scratch ibthink about 25000 km

Mana is a pretty cool bike, it's an automatic if that matters to you. I personally would take a Mana over the cs, but the cs may be a better fit for you (the mana is bigger, heavier, faster and will probably cost more for insurance).

Mana is a pretty cool bike, it's an automatic if that matters to you. I personally would take a Mana over the cs, but the cs may be a better fit for you (the mana is bigger, heavier, faster and will probably cost more for insurance).

I was actually quoted just left the rose paying for the SV 650 S which was shocking and I’ll probably go check it out I just need to find a mechanic or somebody to go with me who knows what to look for

Royal Enfields are cool bikes if you like that retro look
they are known to last a long time
but it will likely be a long time of problems
brand is known for oil leaks, rattling
being heavy, stuff falling off, don't handle well
and don't stop well
so it's appropriate the bike has earned the nic name of Indian Harley

Royal Enfields are cool bikes if you like that retro look
they are known to last a long time
but it will likely be a long time of problems
brand is known for oil leaks, rattling
being heavy, stuff falling off, don't handle well
and don't stop well
so it's appropriate the bike has earned the nic name of Indian Harley

I live the retro look. Is pretty much about it. Ibthink I have to hit the show in April.

I live the retro look. Is pretty much about it. Ibthink I have to hit the show in April.

You don't need your dream bike now, just get something affordable to get some miles in the saddle. After some time, if you still like the retro look, there are options like the triumph scrambler that may check all of your boxes.

You don't need your dream bike now, just get something affordable to get some miles in the saddle. After some time, if you still like the retro look, there are options like the triumph scrambler that may check all of your boxes.

My dream was a Ducati Monster but I really don’t want a sports bike again. Plus I am too short in general. I still want a Ducati but have to look at a a different model. One day

I really don’t know what I want anymore. I am definitely seriously looking at what’s out there. I have on friend who rides and only rides goldwings. He keeps pushing his friends older and I stress older vehicle on me. I need a guru to help lead me in the direction. And then if I possibly find something a mechanic to go with to check it out.

Ducati Scrambler?

low seat height
awesome retro looks
standard ergos
plenty of performance to keep you happy awhile

You would be far better off buying an actual harley, or perhaps a triumph instead. More money, but boy the build quality would be far better off, and years later it will still be on the road, or you can sell it for a decent amount of money.

I have yet to find buyer for a used Royal enfield.

BMW f650cs

Brilliant ride. Lovely urban commuter but no thrills.

Thanks. I am also going to look at an 09 aprilia mana 850

That's a deal at $3500
Wickly quick machine thanks to the ECVT and easy to ride. Will easily keep pace and then some carving twists.

030514-2014-aprilia-mana-850-gt-f.jpg

http://ridermagazine.com/2009/01/12/2009-aprilia-mana-850-road-test/

Coolest feature aside from the transmission

Rider_Aprilia_SD08-6872.jpg

Brilliant ride. Lovely urban commuter but no thrills.

That's a deal at $3500
Wickly quick machine thanks to the ECVT and easy to ride. Will easily keep pace and then some carving twists.

030514-2014-aprilia-mana-850-gt-f.jpg

http://ridermagazine.com/2009/01/12/2009-aprilia-mana-850-road-test/

Coolest feature aside from the transmission

Rider_Aprilia_SD08-6872.jpg

Would you call the transmission basically a clutch less transmission. Which would be interesting. I am not mechanical savvy.

It's an ECVT.

I'd not worry about the technical aspect. It's the same transmission as the Burgman 650 with additional settings.
A CVT has a lot of advantages and that transmission has been around since 2003 and refined. There are dozens of vehicles with ECVT transmissions.

TwoWheel is a dealer

Two Wheel Motorsport

5473 Hwy 6 North
Guelph N1H 6J2
PHONE: (519) 836-1957
WEB www.twowheelmotorsport.ca

Decent people..... bought one of my Vstroms from them so you have parts available from a mainstream dealer.

Back
Top Bottom