Mayhem Between Bikers & Massachusetts State Police | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mayhem Between Bikers & Massachusetts State Police

Guns and cheap insurance on a gixxer bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not hard to own a firearm in Ontario. There's a few shooting ranges to choose from, whats the issue?

Their cheap insurance comes with a price, you feel like taking a 2nd mortgage on a house to pay for your hospital bill?

Re: Mayhem Between Bikers & Massachusetts State Police

still cant believe how great it looked, easily 10x better than the v4

Their cheap insurance comes with a price, you feel like taking a 2nd mortgage on a house to pay for your hospital bill?
In many states you have the freedom to take low coverage, you can also pay to have decent accident benefits. In Ontario I pay $2800 a year for 4 bikes - each bike must have it's own full policy. In the US, that same policy with the same benefits would be about $1100US.

On my first bike, a 1300SS, I pay $1300 here. Cheapest in the US (Florida) is $330, I would pay $660 for coverage similar to that I have here.
On my 2nd bike, a 1300ST, I pay $780 here. Adding that to my US policy $230/year.
On my 3rd/4th bikes, are antiques 1000ST, I pay $400 each here. Adding both to my US policy $200/year.

I have pretty good rates, If I was 24 with 8 years experience, the 1300SS would be around $6600 here, and $1200 there.

Also remember, 2/3rd of the US you can ride all year - we pay insurance on an 9 month (at best) riding season.

In many states you have the freedom to take low coverage, you can also pay to have decent accident benefits. In Ontario I pay $2800 a year for 4 bikes - each bike must have it's own full policy. In the US, that same policy with the same benefits would be about $1100US.

On my first bike, a 1300SS, I pay $1300 here. Cheapest in the US (Florida) is $330, I would pay $660 for coverage similar to that I have here.
On my 2nd bike, a 1300ST, I pay $780 here. Adding that to my US policy $230/year.
On my 3rd/4th bikes, are antiques 1000ST, I pay $400 each here. Adding both to my US policy $200/year.

I have pretty good rates, If I was 24 with 8 years experience, the 1300SS would be around $6600 here, and $1200 there.

Also remember, 2/3rd of the US you can ride all year - we pay insurance on an 9 month (at best) riding season.

I wasn't being entirely literal. However, i would be curious to know how many young SS riders in the U.S. spring for 'decent' coverage.

Can i get a hallelujah?

I wasn't being entirely literal. However, i would be curious to know how many young SS riders in the U.S. spring for 'decent' coverage.
Don't forget, in the US they can and will sue you if you're at fault. Car accident can make you destitute.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Single digit percentages, I'm sure.

I'm glad to see that someone else understands that comparing our insurance prices here to US insurance prices are apples and oranges.

Sure, you can insure that 1000RR for $250/year, but you're getting basically a slip of paper and maybe $1000 in hospital care coverage and zip coverage for the bike itself. Sure, it SOUNDS great until you realize that you might as well ride uninsured for all you're getting.

ANY incident involving personal damage or personal injury can leave you under the bus in lawsuit hell, potentially losing everything - your house, your retirement savings...EVERYTHING.

There was a memorable thread on Reddit I read a few years back where some guy was getting sued for millions and his pissy insurance policy only covered $50,000. That's not uncommon in the USA where people find out all the time that their innocent fender bender could have them living under a bridge for the rest of their lives because someone called Saul.

Not hard to see why this is happening. These kids can buy a dirt bike with no license, then just go ride it on the road and easily get away once the cops chase them. Unfortunately, as always my concern is not for the idiots riding, but the laws that will inevitably come because of this. We saw the Ride of the 6 eventually get busted, but any more of that and the Ontario nanny state will surely overreact.

Not hard to see why this is happening. These kids cango steal a dirt bike with no license, then just go ride it on the road and easily get away once the cops chase them. Unfortunately, as always my concern is not for the idiots riding, but the laws that will inevitably come because of this. We saw the Ride of the 6 eventually get busted, but any more of that and the Ontario nanny state will surely overreact.

Fixed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm glad to see that someone else understands that comparing our insurance prices here to US insurance prices are apples and oranges.

Sure, you can insure that 1000RR for $250/year, but you're getting basically a slip of paper and maybe $1000 in hospital care coverage and zip coverage for the bike itself. Sure, it SOUNDS great until you realize that you might as well ride uninsured for all you're getting.

ANY incident involving personal damage or personal injury can leave you under the bus in lawsuit hell, potentially losing everything - your house, your retirement savings...EVERYTHING.

There was a memorable thread on Reddit I read a few years back where some guy was getting sued for millions and his pissy insurance policy only covered $50,000. That's not uncommon in the USA where people find out all the time that their innocent fender bender could have them living under a bridge for the rest of their lives because someone called Saul.

Sadly it can happen here too. Remember the very friendly supermoto rider that was around GTAM a few years ago (his name escapes me now, I think Donovan IRL(different screen name though), he was good and would offer free lessons to anyone that wanted to come out sometimes even the use of his bikes)? He hit a drunk guy staggering out of a golf course and took a huge hit (I don't know the extent, but he had to sell all his bikes and more to help cover it).

would be interesting to see of the 20 bikes confiscated, how many are on the stolen list and how many are not registered/plated.

Shooting the guy in the foot?, good for that officer. Non lethal force and the guy will remember that for a long time. Once they squeeze the half dozen guys they arrested, they'll collect a few more.

would be interesting to see of the 20 bikes confiscated, how many are on the stolen list and how many are not registered/plated.

Shooting the guy in the foot?, good for that officer. Non lethal force and the guy will remember that for a long time. Once they squeeze the half dozen guys they arrested, they'll collect a few more.

Couldn't disagree more.

The most likely reason they were scampering away is either the bikes were stolen or they were unlicensed. Those would prob get them harder then the stunting alone. I’m sure like up here traffic violations can rack up really quick once the police find them unlicensed, no insurance, no plates, no registration, no helmet, no lighting etc....., nice repercussion just to ride dirty.

Sounds like a huge problem down south dirt bikes and 4 wheelers riding the streets.

I thought we were against stolen bikes and bike thieves?

Sounds like a huge problem down south dirt bikes and 4 wheelers riding the streets.

this_is_murica.jpg

I thought we were against stolen bikes and bike thieves?
Hear hear! Not sure why anybody would want to glorify what these turds are doing.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

The difference is that you can buy yourself a $2 million blanket liability and personal injury insurance plans that cover you driving your car(s), bikes(s), ATV(s), boats(s) -- then adding a toy only costs $20 per month.

No matter how you slice it, we're gouged at the hands of a slick insurance lobby and a gutless regulator.

Tough guys ... dropping their bikes and leaving them behind and running away ... LOL

Back
Top Bottom