Very distracted driving | GTAMotorcycle.com

Very distracted driving

rattlesnakeross

I thought I had seen it all til yesterday. I am sb in the fast lane on the 400 doing 125, cant go any faster because many cars in front doing the same speed. I am being tailgated uncomfortably close so I move into the middle lane. The woman moves up into the empty space and tailgates the next car by about 1.5 car lengths. I look over and that is when I am really shocked. Her face is tilted towards the roof of her car as she applies eye drops into her eyes. To me that is the worst case of distracted driving I have ever seen.

I have seen .

People working on a laptop .
Putting on eye lashes .
Putting on make up . This is a routine for some .
Shaving
Brushing their teeth .
Reading a book .
Dogs and cats in people's laps .

I'm sure more just can't recall all .

I miss the guys with a newspaper opened on their steering wheels. They have mainly been replaced by guys with tablets now.

was following a pickup north on Lakeridge road
truck was all over the place
when we were headed down the big hill by the ski resort
just before the tracks
the truck straightened out, and the passenger suddenly became visible
no idea what she had been up to when the truck was weaving

I miss the guys with a newspaper opened on their steering wheels. They have mainly been replaced by guys with tablets now.
Still see some bus drivers.

My favourite is the guy eating cereal out of a bowl in his lap.

I have seen similar, chicken (on the bone), and corn on the cob.....

Lately it's been a lot of people doing "hands free" with cell phones on speaker held close to their face....dumba$$'s

I don't know why people don't clue in. I would love to see the electric signs on the 401 etc. say something like "Put the F-ing phone down"
Just for a day. Might wake some up and put it into their mind.

Last edited:
Lately it's been a lot of people doing "hands free" with cell phones on speaker held close to their face....dumba$$'s

This has been happening ever since distracted driving (Electronic devices) was introduced into the HTA.

I can't for the life of me figure out how people think this is any better than holding a phone to their ear.

TBH I find the whole "hands free" thing to be a joke. I believe it to be the conversation that distracts the driver, not so much that one hand holding the phone.

This has been happening ever since distracted driving (Electronic devices) was introduced into the HTA.

I can't for the life of me figure out how people think this is any better than holding a phone to their ear.

TBH I find the whole "hands free" thing to be a joke. I believe it to be the conversation that distracts the driver, not so much that one hand holding the phone.

Yes I agree with this as well.

I watched a woman driver behind me in the passing lane, who was obviously in a conversation, waving hands etc. Who kept speeding up and slowing down for no apparent reason. The traffic in front of me was moving decently and in our lane. She was just distracted with whatever else she was doing.

Part of me believes they should just band it all together, mobile phone use in cars. I know this is controversial idea, leaving it up to the users isn't always going to work.

There's a simple Darwinist solution to all of this...introduce chicanes onto highways at irregular intervals.

Once you learn the route it could be fun though....

The original way to catch speeders is still the best. Run a chain across the road about shin high. If you stop before you hit it, you weren't speeding, if you hit it, you were. I also works for distracted driving and improper vehicle maintenance while requiring no more effort from the police.

They could always bring back the suicide ramps on the DVP.

was following a pickup north on Lakeridge road
truck was all over the place
when we were headed down the big hill by the ski resort
just before the tracks
the truck straightened out, and the passenger suddenly became visible
no idea what she had been up to when the truck was weaving
She was certain the guy following us was her husband -- she was hiding.

This guy has all of them beat:
[video=youtube;DNV0mc_cpQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNV0mc_cpQ0[/video]

Me. Bean pronged his F1 twice. Last repair bill was $1.2M.

URL]

You know those single-DIN receivers they used to sell that had folding LCD screens and could play DVDs? I can still clearly picture a gentlemen watching a movie on one while taking the Finch ramp on to the 400. His driving was so weird I thought he was DUI at first

Back
Top Bottom