Hey. Be careful out there today | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hey. Be careful out there today

Low rider

Site Supporter
Please. If you are riding today. Don't become the statistic.
Willing to put money on at least two deaths today.
Happens every year.
If this post saves one person. I will be happy

Any advice on avoiding becoming a statistic?
Ride carefully, you're still rusty, your tires are cold, your bike wouldn't react as you remember. Cagers don't expect a bike out there or remember what they look like.

Beautiful day, not many bikes out. Took a quick ride this morning, roads pretty clean in Markham & Stouffville. Heading out to Port Perry now - can't get enough of a beauty day!

Freezing rain here this morning. I guess that wasn't what the warning was for.

Ride carefully, you're still rusty, your tires are cold, your bike wouldn't react as you remember. Cagers don't expect a bike out there or remember what they look like.

Some excellent points. Remember to check your tire pressure too, when you bring your bike out, it will have gone down since last fall.

Looks like the next few days are supposed to be pretty nice. If you plan to ride to work remember that the dawn hours are going to be down near freezing so run-off may freeze and roads may be pretty greasy overall.

Great cross wind practice today when hitting the open farmers fields highway 11 North of Bradford. Always enjoy cars behind backing off when bikes are doing a 20 degree lean angle but going straight. Was great fun for the first ride of the year!

Last edited:
Great cross wind practice today when hitting the open farmers fields highway 11 North of Bradford. Always enjoy cars behind backing off when bikes are doing a 20 degree lean angle but going straight. Was great fun for the first ride of the year!

That's what kept me home today

It was a glorious day for a ride today in Hamilton. Lots of bikes out today, and after a trip to the car wash to rid myself of storage dust, I joined them out on the road. It was a bit brisk at speed by around 4pm, but still felt great to be back out there. Other drivers didn't seem too surprised by my presence, but ofcourse as I said, lots of bikes out today. I may be jumping the gun, but the bike is in the driveway tonight, so I guess it may officially be out of storage for the year? Anyway, definitely not riding to work at 5am, as the forecast says 0, but when I get home at 3 tomorrow, I will be ready to blast off without driving to the storage garage first. That drive today was agonizing for some reason, it seemed to feel like forever to get there to bring the bike out, even though it's only 5km away from the house.

Please. If you are riding today. Don't become the statistic.
Willing to put money on at least two deaths today.
Happens every year.
If this post saves one person. I will be happy

I am not sure wishing for death is a good way to be thinking about safety.

Some excellent points. Remember to check your tire pressure too, when you bring your bike out, it will have gone down since last fall.

Is it weird that my tire pressure hasn't dropped since filling it in Sept? lol

Double check with a second gauge--especially if it is an older gauge.
I have an accugauge that is super accurate, but oddly enough, reads higher by 7psi... just need to -7psi for each reading..
Could have returned it, but I'll use it to practice elementary math.

Definitely. They're starting to forget what other cars or stop signs look like lately, too. Avoided a potential t-bone today as some woman decided that the 4-way stop was just too inconvenient to bother with.

zuSMm3n.jpg

was going up mississauga road to forks of the credit river when a car in the far left lane cross all 3 lanes right in front of me so it can exit off battleford rd at the last second. on the way home on hwy 10 car hogging the fast lane and not passing any cars - took a peek when passing from the middle lane, he was checking his phone. so yeah, stay alert

Back
Top Bottom