Street/cruiser bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Street/cruiser bike

Chaos

Looking to get a more casual, ergo friendly riding bike. Went to the bike show and a couple of bikes caught my eye:

1. Motoguzzi v9 Bobber
2. Yamaha Bolt

Thoughts on either? Any others I should consider?

Last edited:
Stick with Italian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are you currently riding? I ask because neither bike you mentioned is overly comfortable. Both have fairly thin seats and mid controls don't let you stretch out. I ask as someone who spent 10yrs on a Virago with mid controls and a cruiser riding position. It puts all the weight on your tail bone, leaves your arms stretched out in front of you and generally cramps your legs.

Does it have to be a cruiser? Because there are plenty of other bikes that would be more comfortable to ride than those, both cruisers styled bikes and naked/standard styled bikes.

What are you currently riding? I ask because neither bike you mentioned is overly comfortable. Both have fairly thin seats and mid controls don't let you stretch out. I ask as someone who spent 10yrs on a Virago with mid controls and a cruiser riding position. It puts all the weight on your tail bone, leaves your arms stretched out in front of you and generally cramps your legs.

Does it have to be a cruiser? Because there are plenty of other bikes that would be more comfortable to ride than those, both cruisers styled bikes and naked/standard styled bikes.

I have a Ducati Monster now. The plan is to sell that and buy 2 bikes:

1. a casual/ergo friendly that is good for the straight roads
2. a sports one (perhaps track only. this is up in the air)

To answer your question, it does not have to be a cruiser. I am just more interesting in something with a more neutral riding position. The monster's position is just pitched forward enough that it puts pressure on my neck/shoulders on long days. I figured a more neutral (upright) position would alleviate that and make the longer days more enjoyable. I figured something more standard would do the trick as i would get a more proper sports bike for the fun stuff.

Wouldn't the bolt or any bike with the handle bars right above the forks still contribute to you leaning.

Whereas a cruiser like a hd, shadow, Vulcan etc allows you to sit more upright away from the forks.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I have a Ducati Monster now. The plan is to sell that and buy 2 bikes:

1. a casual/ergo friendly that is good for the straight roads
2. a sports one (perhaps track only. this is up in the air)

To answer your question, it does not have to be a cruiser. I am just more interesting in something with a more neutral riding position. The monster's position is just pitched forward enough that it puts pressure on my neck/shoulders on long days. I figured a more neutral (upright) position would alleviate that and make the longer days more enjoyable. I figured something more standard would do the trick as i would get a more proper sports bike for the fun stuff.

FZ09 or FZ10, 2 birds one stone. Pocket the change.

Wouldn't the bolt or any bike with the handle bars right above the forks still contribute to you leaning.

Whereas a cruiser like a hd, shadow, Vulcan etc allows you to sit more upright away from the forks.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I sat on both bikes at the bike show and they felt upright - certainly more than the monster i have now.

a Sportster is just a bit more than a Bolt
looks to be the same price as the MG

way more options for customizing it to fit your ergos with HD

but if the Bolt fits you, can't fault Yamaha quality

the Moto Guzi is very cool though
not sure about reliability
is it a typical finicky Italian machine?

JavaFan is right as far as options, but a Sportster basically has zero suspension! I've ridden a few and they all crush your spine! The Moto Guzzi is cool, but try getting parts if you don't live near one of the 4 dealerships in the province. Lots of standard bikes out there, try them all on for size.

JavaFan is right as far as options, but a Sportster basically has zero suspension! I've ridden a few and they all crush your spine! The Moto Guzzi is cool, but try getting parts if you don't live near one of the 4 dealerships in the province. Lots of standard bikes out there, try them all on for size.

agree 100%

The only sporty that iv ridden that doesnt try to smash your spinal column would be roadster MAYBE.

Rode the 48, and holy **** you need a wheelchair after riding it.

Back
Top Bottom