Looking to join or form a Dacre team! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking to join or form a Dacre team!

Mikel

For those who are not aware Dacre will be running again this year. See link. http://www.rallyconnex.com/dacreinfo.html

I have never done this event before and am interested in doing it this year. Let me know if you have a team and need a member or if you are interested in forming a team. I am in my mid 30's and have moderate riding and mechanic skills.

Information on that event is a little sketchy, if I read it right there seems to be an enduro class circuit and an adventure class alternative.
Needs a blue plate and road insurance to participate either way, no indication of club membership required. What bike do you plan to ride?

If I can beg borrow or buy a suitable plated dirt bike for that event and it doesn't conflict with other events, I would absolutely love to ride the Dacre! is only a couple of hours north of my place :)

They will be releasing more details on the event March 5th, but its pretty well documented on their website once it's all planned. I just know from talking to people who've done the event and helped work for the event, the hardest part is getting a team together and everyone have good working bikes. I'm planning on buying a bike for the event, my choices are a Husqvarna FE 501 or the 701 Enduro. I would be sticking to the dual sport bike class, and yes I know the 701 will be a pig for that class but from talking to the rally connex guys at the motorcycle show its totally doable.

Holy! you must be a big one!
:I started shopping Yamaha ish yesterday and ended up thinking more like FE250 or at most the FE350 for myself.
What constitutes a team, 2 riders or more?

They will be releasing more details on the event March 5th, but its pretty well documented on their website once it's all planned. I just know from talking to people who've done the event and helped work for the event, the hardest part is getting a team together and everyone have good working bikes. I'm planning on buying a bike for the event, my choices are a Husqvarna FE 501 or the 701 Enduro. I would be sticking to the dual sport bike class, and yes I know the 701 will be a pig for that class but from talking to the rally connex guys at the motorcycle show its totally doable.
Test rode the 501 at GP de Snow and it felt surprisingly light and agile but plenty of torque to haul *** out of corners. Stuck like glue to the snow/ice and frozen ground with the studded tires.

Havent ridden the 690/701 to compare.

I was also there and that was my bike of choice for the event! They brought the 701 out because I asked for it but wouldn't let anyone ride it out of fear it would get dinged up to bad. I had my 300 xc there with soft pirelli scorpions with medium tread life left but no studs. That 501 out handled the 300 hands down cause of those studs, made a huge difference. I rode it mostly on the lunch break because no one else wanted to. Took it like 10 times around the single track, but man it was a beast in a couple of the single track sections and that was relative easy single track. The snow really effects things I can see why so many people had studs.

Information on that event is a little sketchy, if I read it right there seems to be an enduro class circuit and an adventure class alternative.
Needs a blue plate and road insurance to participate either way, no indication of club membership required. What bike do you plan to ride?

If I can beg borrow or buy a suitable plated dirt bike for that event and it doesn't conflict with other events, I would absolutely love to ride the Dacre! is only a couple of hours north of my place :)

I think you need 3-5. If you have 3 people, 2 of them gps's. If you have 4, 2 need gps, if you have 5, 3 need gps.

Test rode the 501 at GP de Snow and it felt surprisingly light and agile but plenty of torque to haul *** out of corners. Stuck like glue to the snow/ice and frozen ground with the studded tires.

Havent ridden the 690/701 to compare.
Not really comparable. The 690 is like 60lbs heavier.

But it'll still run hard in the singletrack if you want it to. Hahaha

I was also there and that was my bike of choice for the event! They brought the 701 out because I asked for it but wouldn't let anyone ride it out of fear it would get dinged up to bad. I had my 300 xc there with soft pirelli scorpions with medium tread life left but no studs. That 501 out handled the 300 hands down cause of those studs, made a huge difference. I rode it mostly on the lunch break because no one else wanted to. Took it like 10 times around the single track, but man it was a beast in a couple of the single track sections and that was relative easy single track. The snow really effects things I can see why so many people had studs.
Yeah I took out the 150 also and it was nowhere near as hooked up even with studs. I guess the extra weight of the 501 kept it digging into the frozen base.

Back
Top Bottom