Which bike is easier to resell? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which bike is easier to resell?

Looking at picking up a bike to do my M2 exit this summer, not in a position to buy my dream bike so it'll have to be something cheaper and I'll likely sell end of season or next season. With that said I'm looking at ninja 250/300 or something like an older 600 CBR f4i. I kind of know the answer I think 300 will be easier to sell but maybe I'm off? Bikes are in the 3k range.

... Bikes are in the 3k range.
That's ok, if you choose the wrong bike your insurance will probably be in the 3k range too :|
Which bike is easier to resell; the one that is affordable to keep on the road, the market is full of great deals on sport bikes that riders can't afford to keep on the road.

? whats your dream bike ?

Last edited:
Yeah, 250/300 is right. I would start looking at used bikes on Kijiji. You can find good deals now, before the riding season starts.

CBR250, Ninja 300 is what I would stick with.

yeah, a late model 250/300

would be much easier to sell than an old 600

bike shoppers with a 3K budget are going to be sensitive to insurance costs

I'd love a speed triple / s1000rr combo at some point :p
Yummy!
Probably should add CBR500R to your list, it's been on the market long enough for used ones to be appearing on the market, it's a second tier step up level bike and lots of original owners bought them new at factory discounted prices which reduces the used market prices. Insurance should be relatively affordable. They ride very close to the CBR250R except with a little more top weight and noticeably more power on tap.

The easiest bike to resell is one that is somewhat in demand, has been well maintained, and as others have stated is reasonable on insurance. Before you decide what bike you want, (at this point), first thing to do is call and get quotes, that MAY be the main determining factor on what bike you end up getting.

If he ever logs in again the guy with the 1000rr, (thread in the legal forum), may be willing to talk a deal on what is now surely an un affordable bike for him to keep on the road...lol. BUT, of course due to insurance that bike will not be an easy resell.

The easiest bike to resell is one that is somewhat in demand, has been well maintained, and as others have stated is reasonable on insurance. Before you decide what bike you want, (at this point), first thing to do is call and get quotes, that MAY be the main determining factor on what bike you end up getting.

If he ever logs in again the guy with the 1000rr, (thread in the legal forum), may be willing to talk a deal on what is now surely an un affordable bike for him to keep on the road...lol. BUT, of course due to insurance that bike will not be an easy resell.

I cant for the life of me sell in my RSV1000R for insurance reasons (i'm paying close to $1000 though.)

OP, I'll sell you my RSV1000R ;) $4000!

Strictly a sportbike you're looking at, or is the cruiser market a possibility?

Old sport bikes are always going to be a tough sell. It doesn't take a whole lot more money to jump up to the more current generation stuff so there's very little demand.

There's always a pretty healthy market for beginner sport bikes like the little ninjas so your better off with that.

Sport or sport tourer.

Surprisingly Allstate quoted the 300 and 600 within $150/yr of each other.

Lol not a great ad for your rsv

A late model Ninja ex250R might be the best. 09 to '11 are $2k or less -- keep it in running shape and it will lose about $100/year.

For an M2 rider, the bike isn't the big expense -- Insurance may cost more than the bike. It's best to line up your choices, get insurance quotes on each before committing to the bike.

Get a 2nd generation Ninja 500R. Excellent starter sport type bike, reasonably quick, handles well. Easy to repair, huge internet forum support group and good, low mileage examples are around $2500.

It will quickly outlive the 250/300 sized bike in terms of riding satisfaction. I'll probably keep mine after I've completed my M2 exit later this year and use it as a commuter for work.

Nice suggestion! I started on an SV650, Naked model and am actually selling it now to move onto the enduro/adventire segment. SV650 is an awsome bike, great on insurance, nimble, power wasn't an issue, and never felt it was too much either for a beginner.

OP may be interested in it
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1335643355
Nice. What adv models are you considering?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Looking at getting the Honda CB500X, seems like a capable, reliable, efficient, and very upgrade friendly start to the adventure segment!

Power wise that will be less than your SV?

Looking at getting the Honda CB500X, seems like a capable, reliable, efficient, and very upgrade friendly start to the adventure segment!
They are a great bike. I ride a versys 650 and love it. Decent power, nice handling and comfy.
41322ecf98d54d7ddef50945c46f1d76.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom