Which bike is easier to resell? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which bike is easier to resell?

Don't know what your budget is, but if you are looking for a 300, consider that Honda has the 2017 models for $1000 rebate right now. That puts you in a brand new bike, full warranty, you can make monthly payments for $4500 or less depending on your negotiating skills. If you look on Kijiji, people are asking $4000 for 2015 and 2016 models with 7000 to 12,000 km. (I do not work for Honda, but if I had the option to buy a new bike with full warranty for for only $500 or $600 more, I would take that) Just an idea.

Power wise that will be less than your SV?

Yeh, though the better fuel economy and weight/size off roading may make up of the loss. Worse comes to worse, sell it in a few years and get a GS800 or AfricaTwin.

They are a great bike. I ride a versys 650 and love it. Decent power, nice handling and comfy.
41322ecf98d54d7ddef50945c46f1d76.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thats a beautiful machine! I did consider this, and sat on one, found the Honda more comfortable and less top heavy

I've shown these videos before, but you might find them interesting.

https://youtu.be/Jy5RKXPAap4

https://youtu.be/i3Rd3dUxrb0

This is in 2015 the first year riding in the dirt, now I can ride singletrack on my CB500X.

Awesome! looks like fun, keeps up with some more purpose built machines :cool:

Don't know what your budget is, but if you are looking for a 300, consider that Honda has the 2017 models for $1000 rebate right now. That puts you in a brand new bike, full warranty, you can make monthly payments for $4500 or less depending on your negotiating skills. If you look on Kijiji, people are asking $4000 for 2015 and 2016 models with 7000 to 12,000 km. (I do not work for Honda, but if I had the option to buy a new bike with full warranty for for only $500 or $600 more, I would take that) Just an idea.

Good idea, i've also seen some more discounts at dealers near Sudbury/Ottawa. it's further, though OTD prices may offset the trip up.

Get a 2nd generation Ninja 500R. Excellent starter sport type bike, reasonably quick, handles well. Easy to repair, huge internet forum support group and good, low mileage examples are around $2500.

It will quickly outlive the 250/300 sized bike in terms of riding satisfaction. I'll probably keep mine after I've completed my M2 exit later this year and use it as a commuter for work.

not a lot of demand for the ninja 500's (re: resale). There are two posted on the the "reasonably priced bikes for sale " thread under general discussion.
Both look very clean and have 26k and 32k kms. Priced between $1600 and $1750. Keep these bikes maintained and you shouldn't have a problem selling them for what you paid, or more.

Last edited:
The fastest one sells the fastest!

It's all relative. I'd be inclined to say the 300cc-ish bike because there is a bigger market for them. But if you've banged it up or asking any more than $3500, then there's going to be dozens of other options for a potential buyer.

If you have a nice, clean, yellow F4i for a reasonable price, I'd buy that from you. But not a black one. It all depends on timing and a bit of luck that the right buyer is looking for what you have.

No one with any sense is paying $4000 for a 2015 cbr300 unless it's brand new.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/st-catharines/cbr300/1335215937?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Back
Top Bottom