Insurance shopping tips? Please help save my sanity!!??!! Haha | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance shopping tips? Please help save my sanity!!??!! Haha

Tizik

Hey all. As per a previous post where I mentioned I was moving here from BC, well....I'm here! Lol

I'm extremely frustrated and ****** ATM. I've spent the last 45 mins trying to do online quotes with 3 different sites. After entering all my info over and over, instead of getting a quote, I just get told to call.

Wtffffffffff.....????

Its just as ****** as I remembered.

Anyhow, is there a person\company I can use where I give THEM my info ONCE, and they shop around for the best quote?

Or do I have to call every provider separately?

Thanks in Advance!

internet quotes suck.

Call around every broker/underwriter you can find(especially those specializing in motorcycle) and get quotes.

Email also works as you have paper trail.

I suggest taking a day off and doing it, as its time consuming

Wow! Really? Ain't nobody got time for that! I also don't have the patience. Haha Guess I'll have to put my big boy pants on then.

So there seriously isn't a company that does all that for you? Like a broker that has access to all the providers?

yeah the online quotes are BS
I figure the main design is to collect contact info

check the stickies at the top of this insurance forum
some brokers listed that the membership here have done business with

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I'll start making some calls tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well and I can find some decent rates. The purchase of one of my all time favorite bikes depends on it.

Thanks guys. I'll start making some calls tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well and I can find some decent rates. The purchase of one of my all time favorite bikes depends on it.

What bike? Whats your experience level?

you'll see a listing there for Mitchell and Whale
I'd highly recommend them, great service

Wow! Really? Ain't nobody got time for that! I also don't have the patience. Haha Guess I'll have to put my big boy pants on then.

So there seriously isn't a company that does all that for you? Like a broker that has access to all the providers?

there are some brokers, dalton timmis, M&W, etc etc but you cant rely strictly on one guy, best to call a bunch of brokers and get quotes so you have the largest sample size

Done some shopping recently. Went to a direct writer and they had the highest quote. Called Dalton Timmis, best quote so far.

Called another broker based in Fort Erie a friend recommended, best they got was $300 higher than what Dalton Timmis found me.

A lot depends on the broker themselves and their ability to ask the right questions and know where to go. And they need to have a good relationship with the preferred companies they deal with.

I’ve been insured with Intact, Echelon, Allstate etc.

Currently with Echelon through Dalton Timmis for the best rate and coverage.

So it’s best to call around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What bike? Whats your experience level?

Have my eyes on an RC51 SP2. Been riding 20 years. No claims. Couple minor tickets. Married and have a car and truck that'll need to get swapped over as well. I'll also be settling in Barrie or surrounding area so hope that helps keep the premium down. Last time I lived here, 8 years ago, Barrie's was 50% cheaper than where I lived in Toronto.

In BC I could insure for 6 months with icbc for my liability which was aapx 90\month. For fire,theft and collision, I went 3rd party and it cost me 280 for the entire year. That was for a 07 600RR.

Ask and ye shall recieve. Called M & W and spoke with Chris.

Quoted @ 1163 for full coverage on the RC51 or 860 for basic liability.
That was with wawanesa. I can dig that. :)

We'll, have to admit. Was a lot easier than I remember and thank god I wasn't hit with something silly.

Thanks for the help guys and taking the time to shoot a reply.

I think an RC is in my near future. :eek:ccasion5:

Much appreciated!!

Yeah we know about what happened to B.C. insurance under the Liberals. "Three months ago, ICBC suggested its year-end losses would be $200-million. On Monday, Mr. Eby said they are likely going to be closer to $1.3-billion. The corporation is losing $3.5-million a day. Now the New Democrats are going to have to find a way to ameliorate the situation without blowing a massive hole in their February budget."

Ask and ye shall recieve. Called M & W and spoke with Chris.

Quoted @ 1163 for full coverage on the RC51 or 860 for basic liability.
That was with wawanesa. I can dig that. :)

We'll, have to admit. Was a lot easier than I remember and thank god I wasn't hit with something silly.

Thanks for the help guys and taking the time to shoot a reply.

I think an RC is in my near future. :eek:ccasion5:

Much appreciated!!

Watch out with Wawanesa, they're great till you need them, they're a pain if you have a claim. A friend is with them, had an accident in October, took them till after Christmas to pay the bike out and still haven't paid out the helmet, jacket...

Yeah we know about what happened to B.C. insurance under the Liberals. "Three months ago, ICBC suggested its year-end losses would be $200-million. On Monday, Mr. Eby said they are likely going to be closer to $1.3-billion. The corporation is losing $3.5-million a day. Now the New Democrats are going to have to find a way to ameliorate the situation without blowing a massive hole in their February budget."

Yes, but one thing people overlook is how Christy Clark and her party used icbc's surplus to pay off other areas of the books so it looked like they balanced the budget. Funny thing is, they took 1.3 billion from ICBC to do that and coincidentally enough, ICBC has "lost" the same amount. Hmmmmm.....

Having dealt with both systems, I like icbc's set-up. You do all your licensing, plates, vehicle registration and basic liability insurance with ONE OFFICE. And they have Autoplan agents\offices all over the place. No ****ing around across the city to go to this office and that office etc. You can buy full coverage from them or have the choice to go 3rd party for fire, theft and collision. You can insure for 3 months, 6 months, a year or a do day permits and not be penalized when you go to get insurance again because you haven't been "insured consecutively for year after year".

Anyhow, not there anymore. Hopefully things continue to go smooth for me here.

Thanks again for the input guys. Hope to see you on the road this summer!

Yes, but one thing people overlook is how Christy Clark and her party used icbc's surplus to pay off other areas of the books so it looked like they balanced the budget. Funny thing is, they took 1.3 billion from ICBC to do that and coincidentally enough, ICBC has "lost" the same amount. Hmmmmm.....

Having dealt with both systems, I like icbc's set-up. You do all your licensing, plates, vehicle registration and basic liability insurance with ONE OFFICE. And they have Autoplan agents\offices all over the place. No ****ing around across the city to go to this office and that office etc. You can buy full coverage from them or have the choice to go 3rd party for fire, theft and collision. You can insure for 3 months, 6 months, a year or a do day permits and not be penalized when you go to get insurance again because you haven't been "insured consecutively for year after year".

Anyhow, not there anymore. Hopefully things continue to go smooth for me here.

Thanks again for the input guys. Hope to see you on the road this summer!

wow!

Back
Top Bottom