Fair market value of a used 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 or Honda CBR1000RR with 5k - 15k km | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fair market value of a used 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 or Honda CBR1000RR with 5k - 15k km

I wouldn't want a tuono, it really is too aggressive to be labelled a naked, the seating position and ergo wise

Mt 10 looks great, but I have a weird fascination with the monster 1200

I can look at that pic all day. Never experienced the satisfaction of buying a brand new motorcycle ... yet lol

Its overrated imo.
Only reason to buy new would be if the model is so new, used versions arent in the market yet.

Its overrated imo.
Only reason to buy new would be if the model is so new, used versions arent in the market yet.
I agree. I bought a brand new car (kid right out of university phase) and regretted it later. Never again.

The first day of buying it, however, I did feel like I was on cloud 9.

I wouldn't want a tuono, it really is too aggressive to be labelled a naked, the seating position and ergo wise

It's not that aggressive in terms of position, you aren't leaned over the tank. I'd call it sporty, more sporty than the FZ9 anyways.

Like the Tuono, the reliability/availability of parts of Ducati would give me pause. If the Tuono was $4k+ more then the FZ10 like it should be then i probably wouldn't bat an eyelash at it.

What's the monster at? Looks like $17ish for the S.

Last edited:

The Tuono definitely has a bit more of an aggressive ergo than average but compared to something like, say, a Monster 1200, the difference is pretty small. Check http://cycle-ergo.com/ to compare 2014 models of each.

The straight bar is pretty well placed and the forward lean isn't terribly aggressive. The pegs are a bit higher than, say, my touring-focused FZ8S but I've never tired or felt fatigued even after a couple of hours on the Tuono.

I sat one a lot of bikes at the show, out of all the nakeds the tuono was the least comfy, the monster felt alright to me.

I wouldn't be able to exploit the capacity of the S model anyway, i'd be very happy with just the standard 1200

Don't have a good answer to that lol, other than always wanted one ever since I was a kid. Want to get the fad done with while I'm still (relatively) young and my back is holding good. Will keep it for a few years and then get something else, atleast that's the plan.

I like that answer.

congrats on the bike! Hope to see you out at the track with it

Back
Top Bottom