Fair market value of a used 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 or Honda CBR1000RR with 5k - 15k km | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fair market value of a used 2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 or Honda CBR1000RR with 5k - 15k km

mt 10 or bust

I'm proudly team blue, fun story:

I rocked my Team Yamaha polo at the bike show and was showing my friends the 18' MT09. Shortly after a couple came up, the wife sat on it and looked at me. She started asking me a handful of questions and i only answered because i own the '17. I then realized they thought i worked there! So i simply said i'm an owner and would be happy to give my thoughts from that POV only. They asked a bunch more then took a few pics then went to get a brochure and make a deal. I want to contact Yamaha and get 1% sales commission :(

I think the MT10 looks beastly, but the BMW is calling to me big time. Not only the looks but it has all the tech and gadgets. Also, i'm really, really a fan of analog tachs. I would buy an older Tuono just for that reason. :p

Last edited:
Tuono has a sweet V4 and a relaxed position. I wish it had a bit more front fairing, but something worth looking at for sure.

Tuono has a sweet V4 and a relaxed position. I wish it had a bit more front fairing, but something worth looking at for sure.

What?! Are we looking at the same model :p

The MT10 rides great, but the looks are too big of a turn off for me.

2 things i dont buy for looks. Gear, and motorcycles.

I spend 90% of the time riding it, doesnt really matter what it looks like

I'm proudly team blue, fun story:

I rocked my Team Yamaha polo at the bike show and was showing my friends the 18' MT09. Shortly after a couple came up, the wife sat on it and looked at me. She started asking me a handful of questions and i only answered because i own the '17. I then realized they thought i worked there! So i simply said i'm an owner and would be happy to give my thoughts from that POV only. They asked a bunch more then took a few pics then went to get a brochure and make a deal. I want to contact Yamaha and get 1% sales commission :(

I think the MT10 looks beastly, but the BMW is calling to me big time. Not only the looks but it has all the tech and gadgets. Also, i'm really, really a fan of analog tachs. I would buy an older Tuono just for that reason. :p

I haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet, but apparently the mt-10 is the more fun bike ;)

the bmw being similar to the traditional sport bikes, needing more revs etc etc

I haven't gotten a chance to ride it yet, but apparently the mt-10 is the more fun bike ;)

the bmw being similar to the traditional sport bikes, needing more revs etc etc

I'll be checking them all out for sure.

mt 10 or bust

So i went looking at MT10 content again, does sound fantastic! Then i went to Yamaha Canada website and it's listed at over $16k!!!!! That's about the same price as a Tuono RR. Whereas the BMW S1000r comes in at $15 before packages.

Going to be a tight race for sure :( WTF Yamaha

yamaha dealer will probably be less snobby and you can get a better price

mt 10 or bust
Hate to say it, but I think I'd just keep the fz9. I like it more than the 10 personally. Having said that, I haven't ridden the 10.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hate to say it, but I think I'd just keep the fz9. I like it more than the 10 personally. Having said that, I haven't ridden the 10.

For $6,200 more id agree. In the U.S. it's only $4 more than the FZ9.

Last edited:

agreed.

we were just speaking in hyperbole's

yamaha dealer will probably be less snobby and you can get a better price

OP should try going to Two Wheel Motorsport in Guelph. They carry both Yamaha and Aprilia (as well as Suzuki and Kawasaki and more). He might be able to wrangle a test ride on both the Tuono and MT10.

In my experience they aren't "snobby" in the least. :)

OP should try going to Two Wheel Motorsport in Guelph. They carry both Yamaha and Aprilia (as well as Suzuki and Kawasaki and more). He might be able to wrangle a test ride on both the Tuono and MT10.

In my experience they aren't "snobby" in the least. :)

+1 on two wheel, they are very nice to deal with, let me take the z900 for a spin, no issues(might have been because i bought gear from them)

so I guess the M10 has the same engine as R1
with different tuning?

I agree that I'd stay with the triple
over a similar bike with the I4
especially for a butt load more $$

so I guess the M10 has the same engine as R1
with different tuning?

I agree that I'd stay with the triple
over a similar bike with the I4
especially for a butt load more $$

40% different parts, but yes its a retuned R1 engine.

+1 on two wheel, they are very nice to deal with, let me take the z900 for a spin, no issues(might have been because i bought gear from them)

Two thumbs up for Two wheels in Guelph. I got my Tuono Factory from them last year and they have been great to deal with. Fast service, aftermarket parts arrive quickly and they always return my phone call. They even sent me picture of the unboxing...

34757099190_6587a3afd1_k.jpg

Two thumbs up for Two wheels in Guelph. I got my Tuono Factory from them last year and they have been great to deal with. Fast service, aftermarket parts arrive quickly and they always return my phone call. They even sent me picture of the unboxing...

When they sent me that picture I'd have left work immediately to run down there. Sweet bike, I'd have been soooo excited.

When they sent me that picture I'd have left work immediately to run down there. Sweet bike, I'd have been soooo excited.

Yep.

Since all the hyper/super nakeds are around the same price point, the Tuono looks like a no brainer.

3-5 year plan :p

I can look at that pic all day. Never experienced the satisfaction of buying a brand new motorcycle ... yet lol

Back
Top Bottom