Looking to get a supermoto/enduro | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking to get a supermoto/enduro

I dont see any mirrors, is it street legal?

if im not mistaken, enduro bikes = essentially race bikes

A bit much if your just starting out in the offroad world perhaps?

not to mention maintenance

Look into a jap bike?

Husqvarna are great bikes..you get a lot for what you pay for. That particular year is very dependable. Husqvarna was then sold to BMW and then to KTM. The km's are low which is good. Make sure that the valves have been checked for clearance. That the fork seals are good etc. From what I see in the ad, it looks good. Take someone with you that knows bikes or is a mechanic. I'm a fan of Husqvarna...they're def not boring like some of the Japanese competition!

https://youtu.be/uvuclc7iAII

Last edited:
Are you only going to ride trails or do you plan on getting an enduro and a second set of supermoto wheels for the street?

If you're going to be riding 90% trails and 10% street it's a fantastic bike. If it'll be 80-90% street and 10-20% dirt it's not so great. That bike is still a performance oriented bike with the service intervals to match. Used properly it'll last a long time, used for commuting you'll chew up that engine in no time.
Be realistic in your wants and needs. If you have a good local trail system to ride regularly a blue plated enduro makes sense. If you have to ride a million backroads to find a little offroad, buy Japanese. Think wr250r, klx250, drz400 etc for reliability and longevity.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Nice bike but 2g too expensive parts availability is going to be spotty on those old bmw huskies as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you have to ask, this is probably not the best choice.

Huskys are in the exotic category. Routine service is not always easy, parts are expensive and dealer service can leave your without your bike for days and weeks.

If you're looking for a good entry to learn about riding and self maintaining, suggest looking at the Jap bikes recommended above. They're not as cool and exotic, but they ride past dealerships and banks all day long.

Thanks for all ur imput guys, much appreciated.

I like the husky

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

If you're going to be riding 90% trails and 10% street it's a fantastic bike. If it'll be 80-90% street and 10-20% dirt it's not so great. That bike is still a performance oriented bike with the service intervals to match. Used properly it'll last a long time, used for commuting you'll chew up that engine in no time.
Be realistic in your wants and needs. If you have a good local trail system to ride regularly a blue plated enduro makes sense. If you have to ride a million backroads to find a little offroad, buy Japanese. Think wr250r, klx250, drz400 etc for reliability and longevity.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
I prefer the dirt

Husqvarna are great bikes..you get a lot for what you pay for. That particular year is very dependable. Husqvarna was then sold to BMW and then to KTM. The km's are low which is good. Make sure that the valves have been checked for clearance. That the fork seals are good etc. From what I see in the ad, it looks good. Take someone with you that knows bikes or is a mechanic. I'm a fan of Husqvarna...they're def not boring like some of the Japanese competition!

https://youtu.be/uvuclc7iAII
Thanks 4 the video

@ScubaSteve It's not a BMW Husqvarna...2013 onward was when BMW owned Husqrvana. The 2010 is Italian made. Parts are plentiful. A top end kit can be had for $200

@Bailey Don't look to the Japanese 250's as immediate competition as they're all too slow and boring. It's kind of hard to find immediate competition for this bike, these guys tried but ended up finding they're not even in the same category:

https://youtu.be/8E8VVLdXU60

Last edited:
@ScubaSteve

It's not a BMW Husqvarna...2013 onward was when BMW owned Husqrvana. The 2010 is Italian made. Parts are plentiful. A top end kit can be had for $200

Don't look to the Japanese 250's as immediate competition as they're all too slow and boring.
Wrong ktm bought husky in 13, BMW was in charge fro 07 to 13 i wouldn't hesitate to buy a ktm made one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Husqvarna_Motorcycles
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

@ScubaSteve It's not a BMW Husqvarna...2013 onward was when BMW owned Husqrvana. The 2010 is Italian made. Parts are plentiful. A top end kit can be had for $200

@Bailey Don't look to the Japanese 250's as immediate competition as they're all too slow and boring. It's kind of hard to find immediate competition for this bike, these guys tried but ended up finding they're not even in the same category:

https://youtu.be/8E8VVLdXU60
Thanks

Last edited:
@Bailey Don't look to the Japanese 250's as immediate competition as they're all too slow and boring. It's kind of hard to find immediate competition for this bike, these guys tried but ended up finding they're not even in the same category...
Yamaha WR250 and Husky TE250 go head to head, brand loyalists might say "mine is better", each has their own advantages. DR and CRF KLX are capable off road but less MX oriented. [FONT=OpenSansRegular, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

Also, TE250 and WR250 are not a 'blue plate' bikes,
[/FONT]they are factory built to be plated for the street.

Back
Top Bottom