Breath guard??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breath guard???

m.breen

I saw a helmet (snowmobile, I think,), with a rubber thingey that diverts your breath. Anybody know what these are called? Is this the breath guard, or breath box. I've been wearing open face my whole life due to fogging issues with glasses, and would like to convert to a full face. I did a google search and did not find a helmet with a rubber thingey. Thanks in advance.

Some crossover helmets have parts that work for snowmobile and motorcycle applications - breath box, chin curtain and double lens or electric shield.
What kind of helmet do you have in mind ?

Also, some helmet shields have a pinlock option.
I don't have any personal experience - anyone ?

I wear glasses and have SHOEI RF 1100 & RF1200 full face. My glasses rarely fog -- only on really cold damp days and only when I stop. These helmets have good ventilation and circulation -- If I do get a little fog, all I do is crack the shield ope a notch and it clears as soon as I move.

I've tried helmets with wind/breath shields -- they don't help. They get as drippy/slimy as a houndog's jowls, and they are uncomfortable.

I have one in my HJC FG-17. It does absolutely nothing. The pinlock inserts are a god send when it comes to anti fogging. If you are concerned about fogging, any helmet with the pin lock feature will work fantastic!

Also, some helmet shields have a pinlock option.
I don't have any personal experience - anyone ?
I wouldn't use anything else. This is the only type of visor that has never fogged up on me...in any condition. Keep in mind, when you buy a new visor, the pin lock "insert" is usually not included and they are around $50 (complete rip off)....but it's worth it. You'll never have fog issues again.

Pinlock is great, but it doesn't help if you wear eyeglasses. The Foggy Respro is pretty good, but you have to adjust it to seal really well across the bridge of your nose, otherwise it just directs your breath right onto the inside of your glasses lenses.

I wouldn't use anything else. This is the only type of visor that has never fogged up on me...in any condition. Keep in mind, when you buy a new visor, the pin lock "insert" is usually not included and they are around $50 (complete rip off)....but it's worth it. You'll never have fog issues again.

Same here :)

I wear glasses , so I know the fogging issue well....

I've been wearing a balaclava for years and it does well..
they are cheap and keep the fog down.

Best part - they keep the sweat out of the helmet - so it keeps the insides cleaner for longer.

61OuBtwS0hL._SY355_.jpg

I bought one style at a show years back. Like a mouthguard with tubes pointed down....maybe $10 or $20. Used it once. Waste of money imho.

At least it was purple.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

A dot of shaving creme on your glasses and polish.works great.

Also, don't waste your money on rainx anti fog, doesn't work at all.

Dude, you might want to consider changing that screen name, The forum underlines it, and it isn't a good look lol

Bought one at Royal for $50 for a snowmobile trip for my mx helmet. Look funny but I never fogged up...EVERYONE else did. These work....snowmobilers swear by them. https://www.nofogusa.com/
This looks very restrictive...were you able to breathe properly... as in get enough oxygen? I find the Foggy is claustrophobic enough.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Yeah Been there done that... with the anti fog creams and shave cream. Its the eyeglasses that are the problem...and I can not wear contacts. Thanks for the info everybody.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom