Breath guard??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Breath guard???

Pinlock: https://pinlock.com/products/lenses/

It's a thin piece of plastic that fits on the inside your regular visor. It has a small band of silicone around the edge, so that it seals completely to the visor, trapping a layer of air between the visor and the Pinlock. It effectively creates a double visor like you might see on a snowmobile helmet. It uses two "pins" through the outer visor to hold the pinlock in place and adjust the tension to maintain an airtight fit.

Most Shoei and Arai helmets now come with a Pinlock in the box.

A great way to prevent the fog effect is to remove the visor and use a thin layer of tooth paste inside. Then wipe away. Works like a dream. Also defogging product but tooth paste is better. Defogging product can be bought at any scuba shop. Run gently and rinse as toothpaste is abrasive. My dive mask always fogs and that what recommended. Also worked like a charm on my helmet visor .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Some work better than others. The one that came with my Shoei X11 (yeah I know it's old, getting replaced this year) actually makes fogging worse somehow

This works but as you noted toothpaste contains abrasive so over time it will scratch you visor. As an alternative I would recommend shaving cream. I've never used it on my motorcycle helmet but it has worked for me on other shields in the past.

A great way to prevent the fog effect is to remove the visor and use a thin layer of tooth paste inside. Then wipe away. Works like a dream. Also defogging product but tooth paste is better. Defogging product can be bought at any scuba shop. Run gently and rinse as toothpaste is abrasive. My dive mask always fogs and that what recommended. Also worked like a charm on my helmet visor .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

This works but as you noted toothpaste contains abrasive so over time it will scratch you visor. As an alternative I would recommend shaving cream. I've never used it on my motorcycle helmet but it has worked for me on other shields in the past.

That’s why you rub gently. It has never damaged my expensive dive masks. But you can also get the defogger gel at a dive shop

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Yeah Been there done that... with the anti fog creams and shave cream. Its the eyeglasses that are the problem...and I can not wear contacts. Thanks for the info everybody.

After trying everything, I found this to work the best......a little dab of shaving cream on my glasses, combined with a pinlock visor. You'll forget what fogging up was.

That’s why you rub gently. It has never damaged my expensive dive masks. But you can also get the defogger gel at a dive shop

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Have you tried spitting in your mask? I really mean that. That's an old divers trick

Yeah Been there done that... with the anti fog creams and shave cream. Its the eyeglasses that are the problem...and I can not wear contacts. Thanks for the info everybody.

Ever consider laser eye surgery? I had the same issue and with glasses, pinlock is useless. I have a relatively low prescription. Paid $1400 at Lasik.

This looks very restrictive...were you able to breathe properly... as in get enough oxygen? I find the Foggy is claustrophobic enough.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
I ride my bike in winter wearing one.....so ya no problem with breathing.

I did laser eye surgery in the '80's. It lasted 10 years and now my eyesight is worse than I could ever expect it to be. It was $1500 per eye. Worst mistake of my life. I understand it is much more successful nowadays.

I have an HJC ISMax 2 helmet that Came with a pin lock visor and insert. The pin lock works perfectly when I ride in the cold. Very impressed with it.

I also have the heated visor as well that I put on for the sled. Works great, no breath box. I do wear a balaclava when it’s cold too, but not sure how/if that helps as well.

Back
Top Bottom