Looking for riders to ride with | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for riders to ride with

If you are available on weekdays I'd be happy to meet for a day ride. I'm semi-retired and typically ride solo as well, mostly because when I have the time and want to ride, I just go. Some very nice roads just north of me here in Orangeville and I have a couple of 150 to 200km loops that take just a few hours to enjoy.

I did a day ride with Shane in May 2016, liked his pace and choice of roads up in Muskoka and Haliburton. Any time you see a ride posted by Shane, you should try to attend.

Hello, I would like to join you on some of your rides and occasionally available during the day durning the week. Evenings and weekends are very easy to do. Thanks. Steve H

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in the North end of Brampton. Give me a shout once decent weather hits. Riding MT09.

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Hello, I live in thornhill and would like to join you for some weeknight and weekend rides. Let me know. Thanks. Steve H

I too try to make any ride that Shane posts, awesome routes, excellent pace and usually zero egos. I also tend to ride Muskoka one day every weekend, you're always welcome.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Looking to join rides in the evenings and weekends. Let me know when your starting, would like to ride with you. Thanks. Steve

Hello, I would like to join you on some of your rides and occasionally available during the day durning the week. Evenings and weekends are very easy to do. Thanks. Steve H

Hi Steve, I'll keep you in mind once the riding season gets underway. I usually prefer weekday rides since the roads I like can be quite busy on weekends with many other motorists and riders, as well as an increased OPP presence.

I see you are in Thornhill, what do you ride?

Last edited:
Riding season will be upon us soon, and usually I rode solo but I realize that half of the fun in riding is to ride with others(friends etc)

So I am looking for others to ride with, locally and perhaps in the future do some touring as well(Appalachian?)

What style of bike are you riding?

Nothing personal against those in either group, but it's been my experience that sometimes cruiser guys vs sportbike guys don't mesh well together....IE, sportbike guys who are looking to carve corners and ride in a spirited fashion are not likely going to want to have to wait for a cruiser guy on a full decker who's more interested in a leisurely different paced ride. Simply look at any tail of the dragon thread for examples.

And I would strongly agree with Baggsy. Not necessarilly specific to GTAM, but just in general whenever you put something like this out online anywhere. I'm particular who I ride with - just asking for random people online is not my idea of a way to find riding buddies, too many inexperienced riders/crazies out there, yes, even on cruisers sometimes.

Last edited:
FYI - TTSR is only for sport and sport touring type of bikes. No cruisers and such.
Most other Meetup groups are mixed.

https://www.meetup.com/Sportbike-Riders/
I do a bunch of rides with TTSR, they riders are a fun bunch. The rides and riders can vary a lot -- I've been on rides that test my skill, and rides that test my patience. Get to know the ride captains, they define the rides.

just asking for random people online is not my idea of a way to find riding buddies, too many inexperienced riders/crazies out there, yes, even on cruisers sometimes.

On the flipside, if you're new to riding and don't know any other bikers, finding other people to ride with online is sometimes the best way to find a riding buddy.

And if you meet a RoadRossi, you don't have to follow their pace. Just don't call em up for a second ride.

I've met lots of fellow riders on here. Some I like to ride with and even the ones that don't mesh with my riding style, I don't mind hanging out and talking bikes. And maybe they bring their buddies, you end up meshing with their riding style, and your network of riding buddies grows.

It's all good in the end.

What style of bike are you riding?

Nothing personal against those in either group, but it's been my experience that sometimes cruiser guys vs sportbike guys don't mesh well together....IE, sportbike guys who are looking to carve corners and ride in a spirited fashion are not likely going to want to have to wait for a cruiser guy on a full decker who's more interested in a leisurely different paced ride. Simply look at any tail of the dragon thread for examples.

And I would strongly agree with Baggsy. Not necessarilly specific to GTAM, but just in general whenever you put something like this out online anywhere. I'm particular who I ride with - just asking for random people online is not my idea of a way to find riding buddies, too many inexperienced riders/crazies out there, yes, even on cruisers sometimes.
That's why I like to ride with Epic Riders. The captain rides and FJR, the sweep a C109. In between is a mix of everything. When running straight roads between points of interest, the pack rides together. When the road demands it, the ST guys head off for a romp, the pack comes next, and the big twins roll along at a pace that won't extinguish their stogies. We all end up at the same spot within a few minutes. Everyone gets along.

On the flipside, if you're new to riding and don't know any other bikers, finding other people to ride with online is sometimes the best way to find a riding buddy.

There are organizations out there (albeit mainly for the cruiser segment) that are (in my personal opinion) great options to finding friends to ride with. You get to know others from your geographic area, you get to know which ones you mesh with both in riding style as well as socially, and there are regular social events and such as well.

I prefer this vs "stranger that sent me a message online", myself. Been there, tried that (albeit long ago, but I doubt much has changed), and the results ranged from moderately-comfortable to rides that I bailed out on because I wasn't enjoying myself at all, or I didn't feel comfortable from a safety standpoint.

*ding*

I'm also interested in "spirited" rides, but compared to some folks here I am a turtle... I ride a naked SV650, so ain't no knuckle dragging here LOL

I'm in the south-west corner of Brampton - maybe I'll catch you for a ride this season. There's a GTAM meet on Thursdays that meets near me around 6:30pm or something, but I've never made it home in time to catch the group. I went on a few GTAM rides before, but stopped after one of them had dudes going 3x the speed limit in a residential zone.

I mostly use my machine for commuting, because driving among the lemmings is torture.

There are groups on meetup.com and facebook groups to help you find other riders.

I joined several on meetup just waiting for the weather to turn and see how the schedule looks. But otherwise look promising.

Sent from the moon!

Back
Top Bottom