Hydro sale another liberal scam | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hydro sale another liberal scam

Didn't they sell out a while ago?

Hahn said. “It’s a classic bait and switch and voters are (not) going to be fooled.”

I disagree. Most voters haven't a clue.

Is it just me or does the math in the Sun article not align with the math in the FAO report. Where is this 1.8 billion figure coming from?

(The FAO report still confirms that it was a dumb move)

Is it just me or does the math in the Sun article not align with the math in the FAO report. Where is this 1.8 billion figure coming from?

(The FAO report still confirms that it was a dumb move)

The FAO.

That's the amount that would have been saved if the government went with another financing option.

fire sale of electrical utilities is/has happened in other cdn provinces. historically both liberal and conservative governments have sold public owned business' to their corporate buddies at bargain prices. they sell the publicly owned money makers and keep the money losers. this isn't limited to utilities - remember when petro canada was publicly owned? the 407? governments don't even try to hide the corruption. they count on public apathy..
recently new brunswick also sold their electrical utility - there was huge public outcry in NB, but it was ignored and the sale went ahead regardless. we need to act in mass that will disrupt the parliament!
EDIT
I write politicians, corporations, and other groups regularly; on the local, provincial, and federal level. And internationally. NATO has my email blocked lol. and none of the last 3 USA presidents have any love for me. Shaming folks will work in mass. Most recently I wrote the NDP candidate from the last provincial election (she's not running in this election but still works with the NDP). I had saved my email conversations with her from the last election. Went like this " with a new election looming ...I thought we could have some more conversation..."last year when I asked you about raising the minimum wage to $14 dollars you told me that it "wasn't realistic" well the liberals did just that...shame on the NDP, who state that they are for the working folks. She replied that she couldn't recall saying that....I asked her to scroll down the old emails to refresh her memory.... I had watched the debates and the green party leader was the clear winner imo and I had voted green after the NDP candidates response last year.

we need to act in mass for real change. Please spend the same time you do here writing..conversing with those in power. We are powerful !

Last edited:
France style democracy would work
they don't sit around bitching and waiting for an election
they take to the streets en masse and demand change
and quite often get it

Canada?
pass me a beer
whats the score on the Leafs game?

CLASSIC example of how selling a tax payer asset that makes money (conbot dogma) is not always the answer. I am glad the typical conbots on GTAM are finally seeing and publicly admitting that. Refreshing really, maybe there is hope for Ontario politics. Liberals were wrong to sell but the PCs have been saying sell for years/decades... Glad to see the direction change.

Unless it goes right back to bigotry and trickle down economics as the answer to everything...

CLASSIC example of how selling a tax payer asset that makes money (conbot dogma) is not always the answer. I am glad the typical conbots on GTAM are finally seeing and publicly admitting that. Refreshing really, maybe there is hope for Ontario politics. Liberals were wrong to sell but the PCs have been saying sell for years/decades... Glad to see the direction change.

Unless it goes right back to bigotry and trickle down economics as the answer to everything...
Sometimes the taxpayers are owning & managing assets that are best managed by real business. In the case of Hydro, LCBO (and a long list of others) the government's role ought to be that of a good regulator -- not an owner operator.

When you put public sector goods into the hands of gov't, there is a shift in goals that rarely works in the public's interest. When you move things to the private sector, there is a potential benefit as long as the public interest is served by governments who are prudent in deal-making and regulation. The sale of 2 big taxpayer assets, 407 and Hydro, had/has neither.

In the case of both asset sales, the ruling gov't intention was to get a quick fix. Think of it this way, a coke junkie will sell his $2000 Tag Heuer for $200 if he needs a fix right now - that's what happened to the 407 (PCs) and Hydro (Liberals). The PCs did regulate the 407 for a short time, under their watch a 30% cap on tolls was in place over a 15 year period -- Liberals bungled that and tools went up by 300%. They have done the same with Hydro regulation.

So when are we gonna sell the cbc?

CBC has no commercial value -- as a business it operates at a loss of nearly $1billion a year. The CBC needs to be more like PBS/NPR, they work for their money and create programming that's meaningful to their audience. The CBC funds far too many artistic cliques who have learned how to pump out junky material labelled Canadian Content just to game the system. An even more reasonable approach might is a publicly funded national broadcaster in the TVO model -- they do a lot with very little.

France style democracy would work
they don't sit around bitching and waiting for an election
they take to the streets en masse and demand change
and quite often get it

Canada?
pass me a beer
whats the score on the Leafs game?

YES ! during the G20 weekend in toronto....it was sunday evening and I was waiting for a subway along with a small group of perhaps 10 others, none of them demonstrators. Across the tracks about 6 militarized police officers appeared. Everything seemed so silent. Everyone was focused on the cops; Suddenly I shouted louder than I ever had "STOP THE TORTURE !" The cops looked at me like they wanted to rip my head off lol. I looked at the tracks; the cops looked at the tracks. I found myself worried that they would foolishly cross the tracks; but they didn't. I looked at the clock on the wall...45 second wait for the subway. Then one of the bystanders did something I won't ever forget -in a musical and beautiful jamican accent sang "they look like they want to pursue you" and a hearty laugh erupted from all the other bystanders. The police couldn't hear what she had sang, but the chorus of laughter from the group of bystanders was music the cops couldn't ignore - the cops melted; knew they were being laughed at, and simply looked ashamed. Me? I was still scared and watching the clock, waiting for the subway... home

Last edited:
Suddenly I shouted louder than I ever had "STOP THE TORTURE !"

What methods were they using? Waterboarding? Battery and jumper cables?

What methods were they using? Waterboarding? Battery and jumper cables?

Yes, waterboarding and electrical shocking of prisoners by G20 countries are well documented. This includes Canada during operation bluebird. A settlement was payed out. Additionally, Canada also sent prisoners to other countries knowing they would be tortured. A settlement was payed out. Its well documented.

Last edited:
YES ! during the G20 weekend in toronto....it was sunday evening and I was waiting for a subway along with a small group of perhaps 10 others, none of them demonstrators. Across the tracks about 6 militarized police officers appeared. Everything seemed so silent. Everyone was focused on the cops; Suddenly I shouted louder than I ever had "STOP THE TORTURE !" The cops looked at me like they wanted to rip my head off lol. I looked at the tracks; the cops looked at the tracks. I found myself worried that they would foolishly cross the tracks; but they didn't. I looked at the clock on the wall...45 second wait for the subway. Then one of the bystanders did something I won't ever forget -in a musical and beautiful jamican accent sang "they look like they want to pursue you" and a hearty laugh erupted from all the other bystanders. The police couldn't hear what she had sang, but the chorus of laughter from the group of bystanders was music the cops couldn't ignore - the cops melted; knew they were being laughed at, and simply looked ashamed. Me? I was still scared and watching the clock, waiting for the subway... home
Hahaha....fantastic story
and so TO
perfect!

Looking for a payout, were you?

Back
Top Bottom