Significant increase in insurance rates | GTAMotorcycle.com

Significant increase in insurance rates

FattBoyy

I am 45 with a clean record no accidents
I own 3 motorcycles (no supersport)and 2 cars, no accidents or claims ever

Allstate just sent me my renewal offer and each bike is gone up approximately $300 while one car is gone up approximately $200

Can anyone recommend any new insurance companies with good rates

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I am 45 with a clean record no accidents
I own 3 motorcycles (no supersport)and 2 cars, no accidents or claims ever

Allstate just sent me my renewal offer and each bike is gone up approximately $300 while one car is gone up approximately $200

Can anyone recommend any new insurance companies with good rates

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Are you in Ontario?

Toll Free:*1-888-385-8466

1100 Walkers Line, Suite 600

Burlington

Ontario L7N 2G3

www.daltontimmis.com

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Are you in Ontario?

Toll Free:*1-888-385-8466

1100 Walkers Line, Suite 600

Burlington

Ontario L7N 2G3

www.daltontimmis.com

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
$300 per motorcycle is crazy. Given you have a clean record and age, I would suggest trying TD. Alternatively, you could insure your car and home with Belair (cheapest I've found), and put the bikes on standalone policies. I would recommend Mitchel and Whale over Dalton Timmis, but both would do.

If you are with Allstate and have had your M for more than 4 years you should be receiving the elite rider discount (30%). From my last renewal I had to call in and have them re-apply this discount as it doesn't roll year to year for some reason.

Maybe a call to your agent will get it all sorted out quickly. If not call Matt Lynn at Allstate and talk with him. He got me rates no one else can touch.

Hopefully Allstate isn't changing things and yet another company is jumping on the raise prices for motorcycle band wagon.

If you are with Allstate and have had your M for more than 4 years you should be receiving the elite rider discount (30%). From my last renewal I had to call in and have them re-apply this discount as it doesn't roll year to year for some reason.

Maybe a call to your agent will get it all sorted out quickly. If not call Matt Lynn at Allstate and talk with him. He got me rates no one else can touch.

Hopefully Allstate isn't changing things and yet another company is jumping on the raise prices for motorcycle band wagon.
Do you mean Jeff Lynn or Matthew Camacho or both lol?
Not sure if there's a broker called Matt Lyn

I'm with Wawanesa, haven't really had a problem with them since i signed up 2 years ago . .. 10 years on a bike here, no accidents and no tickets ... was with statefarm until they increased my rate from 1200 a year to 2400 a year .. I have a 2013 ZX6R ...

Since signing up for Wawanesa i have seen 1 minor increase of 5 dollars per month .. Not sure what this year brings, but hopefully it isn't crazy !

I'm with Wawanesa, haven't really had a problem with them since i signed up 2 years ago . .. 10 years on a bike here, no accidents and no tickets ... was with statefarm until they increased my rate from 1200 a year to 2400 a year .. I have a 2013 ZX6R ...

Since signing up for Wawanesa i have seen 1 minor increase of 5 dollars per month .. Not sure what this year brings, but hopefully it isn't crazy !
Sucks that Wawanesa requires one to be licensed for atleast 6 years, before they would even consider insuring you.

Sucks that Wawanesa requires one to be licensed for atleast 6 years, before they would even consider insuring you.
Not really, it gives more experienced riders a place to go for better rates. If wawanesa insured every noob on the street their rates would match everyone else's.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Not really, it gives more experienced riders a place to go for better rates. If wawanesa insured every noob on the street their rates would match everyone else's.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
Well I meant sucks for me lol. But you're right, it makes sense why they have that condition.

Get ready for your increase I just got my increase from WawaNesa. Expect another to $300. Driving an 07 R1

lol, ya Jeff Lynn. Early morning brain not doing brain stuffs yet.

Jeff was great to work with, but personally I left Allstate this year as I got better rates moving all to Dalton Timmis (who insured with Aviva). I was getting a union discount from Allstate in the past, but apparently they reduced it from either 10-15% to around 5% this year, which caused me to shop around again.

That's exactly what's happened. My two motorcycles went up $200 each this year with a clean record at Allstate. I was told it's across all motorcycles due to high claims last year.

With the sounds of Wawenesa raising theirs as well, it looks like it's only a matter of time before everyone else (including Aviva) does so. Most of us ride less than 6 months a year yet motorcycling is only becoming more and more expensive.

Dalton Timmis is definitely worth a call if you're in the cruiser market.

Back
Top Bottom