Where to buy oil/filter for Honda Cbr, other than dealer? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to buy oil/filter for Honda Cbr, other than dealer?

HonDerpa500r

I think this belongs in this section.
I'm almost certain places that I get my oil for my truck, such as, Canadian Tire, Walmart, etc, don't carry motorcycle oil/filters.

Is there anywhere around the Burlington area that I can get oil/filter for my Honda CBR500R? Or do I have to make the trip out to a Honda dealer (Milton)?

Maybe try Burlington Cycle they are a HONDA dealer!

Go to tho motorcycle section or parts desk at Canadian tire

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Why not just order it online from one of the US vendors selling OEM parts? Last time I checked my oil filter was about $24 + HST at Burlington Cycle (about 5 or 6 years ago) and the Partsfish cost for me was US$9.50 2 weeks ago. I order a bunch of regular maintenance parts every year and even with dollar conversation and shipping cost they are still about 40% less all in vs. Honda Canada dealer pricing + it comes straight to my door vs. me having to go to a local dealer, order parts that are never in stock, pay up front and then return a week later to pick them up.

Sigh, Hi-Flo part # HF204.
Should be around $12 and any local shop worth its salt is going to have them on the shelf.
Why go out of the way to make it more complicated for yourself ?

Go see Motocicletta in Burlington, Appleby and Dundas, get a filter and oil. And have a look around at the other cool stuff. Independent shop, could use some love.

I got tired of cross referencing and seeking out parts places to buy filters, so I just KISS it and go to the dealer. There wasn't much to save money wise anyways.

canadian tire sells motorcycle oil and filters...have been getting mine there since 2011...have had honda, kawasaki and yamaha...no issues with them at all...

Canadian Tire and most Walmarts have filters for CBRs $7-$10.

I’ve been using the Mobil1 M108 automotive filter on all my Honda’s for the last 17 years, available at Canadian Tire.As for oil , I use Mobil1 10w40 motorcycle oil which I think Canadian tire stopped carrying.You can’t go wrong with that combination.

Yup and i'm now using motul 7100 that is great but outrageously expensive !!!!!
I’ve been using the Mobil1 M108 automotive filter on all my Honda’s for the last 17 years, available at Canadian Tire.As for oil , I use Mobil1 10w40 motorcycle oil which I think Canadian tire stopped carrying.You can’t go wrong with that combination.

Many run Shell ROTELLA. Synthetic or dino. I run the dino know as "T4 Triple" now.

Went to crappy tire and walmart. The Shell Rotella 10w-30 says for diesel engines. I looked it up for the cbr500r, and a lot of people say they use that, but...It's for diesel engines?

Pro 6 Cycle stocks OEM and K&N oil filters for all popular brands, Japanese and European. Motul and LiquiMoly oils at descent prices.

Went to crappy tire and walmart. The Shell Rotella 10w-30 says for diesel engines. I looked it up for the cbr500r, and a lot of people say they use that, but...It's for diesel engines?
Yes. Many threads about it. I run it in my Honda as well.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Yes, it's designed for diesels. But it's also great for motorcycles due to it's high quality, and lack of friction modifiers..so no wet clutch issues.

Years ago there were people in the motorcycle community who thought it was heresy that anyone dared use anything aside from "proper" motorcycle oil in their bikes. There's still a lot of people who think using a "diesel oil" in a bike is akin to pouring sand in there and will tell you it's a recipe for certain failure, but there's been many millions of kilometers by plenty of riders who use it religiously now with only great results, and used oil testing has shown equal if not better results than some MC oils.

It can however, due to it's formulation, ruin catalytic converters, so that's why it's not recommended for modern automotive use. Not an issue for MC's for the most part as we are not subject to emissions testing..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom