Shipping Stuff out of Canada. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shipping Stuff out of Canada.

nobbie48

Site Supporter
If I had to ship stuff to another country, New Zealand or Switzerland is there something cheaper than Canada post? Does it save to ship out of Buffalo?

If I had to ship stuff to another country, New Zealand or Switzerland is there something cheaper than Canada post? Does it save to ship out of Buffalo?
Can't see FedEx or DHL being any less money.

Adding in the cost of getting to/from Buffalo and the exchange rate, can't see that saving anything either.

If the items have any bulk, weight or value, I think DHL would be my first choice for those locations For reasons of security and tracking the whole way.

Packages that are handed off between public delivery services don't always track well.

if you ship out of Buffalo your paying in US dollars. javafan has it with DHL or Fedex.

go to the websites and see who services the area you want to go to.

When I used to get shipments from large manufacturers I had them prepay and bill for shipping. Because they shipped so many parcels their rate was a fraction of mine. I shipped a couple of parcels a month.
I think it's just a case of sucking it up or if it's a gift, order on line if the on line shipping is more reasonable. Have the shipper send direct. Keep in mind that a lot of on line sellers make more on the shipping than the product.

When I used to get shipments from large manufacturers I had them prepay and bill for shipping. Because they shipped so many parcels their rate was a fraction of mine. I shipped a couple of parcels a month.
I think it's just a case of sucking it up or if it's a gift, order on line if the on line shipping is more reasonable. Have the shipper send direct. Keep in mind that a lot of on line sellers make more on the shipping than the product.
He's the one shipping, so his rates are going to be retail, like 15% off at best with w small business account if he has one.
I import larger packages to Canada from China quite often for my business and DHL has never let me down. Slightly more expensive than FedEx, but there's never any surprises, and my packages have never once been damaged. Plus I've ordered on Monday, gotten it on Friday a few times, DHL is probably the best international carrier option.

OP look into ChitChats - it lets you use the USPS without having to cross the border yourself. They have locations across the GTA.

We are a banana republic when it comes to international shipping.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom