When will OPP ticket left-lane hogs???? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When will OPP ticket left-lane hogs????

Devils advocate perspective.

I don’t appreciate those rolling up the left lane in traffic expecting me to move over when there is clearly vehicles in front of me.

I’m not just pacing in the left and just because I can squeeze to the right doesn’t mean I should. I’m looking to speed up when things open up but, quit riding my bumper being self important and thinking you should be ahead of me.

I have moved over to let the bumper sucker ahead of me and even let those sucking that vehicle’s bumper as well. To end up going no where and boxing me in the right lane to deal with merging traffic.

My peeve is with middle lane bandits. It’s the most unsafe lane to be in and yet anywhere along the 401 corridor with 3 lanes, you will always find middle lane slugs. I can rip along at 120 k/hr in the right lane for many kilos. Not safe but I hate changing over two lanes to make a proper pass in the left only to move over two lanes after the pass and do it all over again shortly afterwards. So I just stay right and watch the middle lane drivers move right after I pass them on the right. Some don’t care and stick in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not just pacing in the left and just because I can squeeze to the right doesn’t mean I should. I’m looking to speed up when things open up but, quit riding my bumper being self important and thinking you should be ahead of me.

I don't think anyone is talking about "with traffic."

It's unreasonable to expect others to move out of the way in traffic for obvious reasons. However, if the next car up is pulling away, the right is clear, and something is coming up behind you....

Figured everyone here being motorcyclists

we'd be better prepared mentally
to deal with this selfish behaviour

Personally I expect the worst
from every driver on the road
and ride accordingly

it is funny that since I moved
to eastern Ontario

it becomes obviously a GTA thing

Driving west it's all fine
until I get to Durham Region
then all hell breaks loose

I honestly don't think it's entitlement. I think the problem is they never learned it was a thing to start with and don't know they're doing anything wrong. Most of them anyways.
I think it's time for questions on the driving test and some PSAs about road rules. Imagine a world where they stop at stop signs and don't turn into the wrong lane...

The problem is that all you people from the big smoke, don’t pull over even at Kingston.

Devils advocate perspective.

I don’t appreciate those rolling up the left lane in traffic expecting me to move over when there is clearly vehicles in front of me.

I have moved over to let the bumper sucker ahead of me and even let those sucking that vehicle’s bumper as well. To end up going no where and boxing me in the right lane to deal with merging traffic.

My peeve is with middle lane bandits. It’s the most unsafe lane to be in and yet anywhere along the 401 corridor with 3 lanes, you will always find middle lane slugs. I can rip along at 120 k/hr in the right lane for many kilos. Not safe but I hate changing over two lanes to make a proper pass in the left only to move over two lanes after the pass and do it all over again shortly afterwards. So I just stay right and watch the middle lane drivers move right after I pass them on the right. Some don’t care and stick in the middle.

Basically agree. If I'm going as fast as I can with heavy traffic in front of me I make use of the left lane. We need every lane we can get in rush hour. BTW a brake check is HTA 172 turf.

油井緋色;2546355 said:
I don't think anyone is talking about "with traffic."

It's unreasonable to expect others to move out of the way in traffic for obvious reasons. However, if the next car up is pulling away, the right is clear, and something is coming up behind you....

Understood and agree.

I rarely end up in the cage on the highway without traffic. Seems many travel at the same time as I do. Lol.

Basically agree. If I'm going as fast as I can with heavy traffic in front of me I make use of the left lane. We need every lane we can get in rush hour. BTW a brake check is HTA 172 turf.

I won’t brake check the driver behind me. I will move over enough so they cab see the vehicles ahead of me. After a bit more tailgating, I move over since I rather see idiots from the windshield instead of behind me.

Still drives me nuts just the same. Lol.

Brake check didn't cause the collision...

I wouldn't be pulling people over on a busy multi lane hwy unless absolutely necessary.
Regardless of how frustrating it may be for some drivers... It's too dangerous to pull cars over under many circumstances.

People need to chill and relax... Someone's in your way?

Take a breath... you're probably in someone else's way some time...

In traffic a brake-check could be defensible; "I thought traffic ahead was slowing and wanted to be ready..." Tougher to explain away diving in front of someone in a fit of retributive anger and stomping on the brakes.

And a lot of the time the inconsiderate oaf hogging the lane is an OPP cruiser (marked or otherwise) purposely forcing traffic to run slower than would otherwise be "normal flow" because they can be ***** and they know people will not pass them if they're doing the posted limit because of the way speed limits are arbitrarily enforced. They think they're traffic-calming when it actual fact they're pissing off everyone around them.

I pass the cruiser at 10 over.

Funny thing when I was in BC. They all drove in the left lane. I went in the right lane and cruised by them all.

I wouldn't be pulling people over on a busy multi lane hwy unless absolutely necessary.
Regardless of how frustrating it may be for some drivers... It's too dangerous to pull cars over under many circumstances.

People need to chill and relax... Someone's in your way?

Take a breath... you're probably in someone else's way some time...

In general, in life not just while behind the wheel, people just need to chill out.

The trivial stuff that people get upset over is ridiculous.

Friend I know said he was taught to stay in the left lane as you don’t need to move/change lanes as much. I wondered what driving sschool said that?

Oh...and the 401 would be a cakewalk if people stuck to the Keep right unless to pass rule. Sure there’s a lot of traffic but there’s be way less congestion if people could drive properly.

Friend I know said he was taught to stay in the left lane as you don’t need to move/change lanes as much. I wondered what driving school said that?
Some motorcyclists may feel that the left lane is the safest lane as it generally has less action happening (than right lane) and allows a rider to maintain a proper blocking position (unlike middle lane) in higher volume traffic. For car drivers - not really.

Some motorcyclists may feel that the left lane is the safest lane as it generally has less action happening (than right lane) and allows a rider to maintain a proper blocking position (unlike middle lane) in higher volume traffic. For car drivers - not really.

When I learned how to ride we told to ride in the outside lanes because it was safer as you only had defend/worry about one side.

The biggest problem with drivers is they were taught how to pass the test. They are NOT taught how to drive.
Who remembers the imposed HOV lanes on the 401 and QEW a couple of years ago. What a shitshow. The "professional" truckers were the worst.
On the autobahn failure to move to the right is 4 points and a few hundred dollar fine. Two of those charges you lose your license for at least a year.
B.C. it is a couple of points and a couple hundred bucks. Same in California, but in Cali you can get charged for failing to yield to cars merging onto the highway from the right.

My favorites are the idiots that are afraid to pass trucks on the highway, so they get up on the trailers bumper and sit there. About the most UNSAFE place on the highway to be.

It seems to me we don't get enforcement on stuff like this because it calls for a judgment call from the officer. The officer will have to defend his "opinion" in court. On a speeding charge the officer has a empirical measurement.

Back
Top Bottom