biker shoots cager | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

biker shoots cager

The next time a car and a bike get into a dispute will the car just run the bike into the median, just in case?
An "estimated" 3%. When you're dealing with the anti-gun crowd you're guaranteed shaky numbers.
Wouldn't you need a gun registry to have hard numbers?

Last edited:
The next time a car and a bike get into a dispute will the car just run the bike into the median, just in case? Wouldn't you need a gun registry to have hard numbers?
Will there be assault with a deadly weapon?

Will there be assault with a deadly weapon?
Depends on where you live, where it happens, and where the line is drawn. If someone is pulling a gun on you, and you squish them to prevent being killed, you should have a good chance at getting off. It wouldn't be worth the time and effort, if they weren't trying to kill you though.

Someone who's in a road rage, might be a little more preemptive, especially if a weapon is brandished.

I wouldn't want to be on either side of the equation.

Last edited:
...Of course the US isn't all bad, they have tons of unique strengths that we should be envious of. That doesn't change that they have serious problems deeply rooted in their flawed idea of what society is supposed to be.
That would only be an opinion of what a flawed society is - your opinion.

Ask the average American if they would trade places with you (a Canadian I presume) or for that matter with any other person across the globe. It shouldn't surprise you that close to no Americans would swap with you - they are happier with "flaws in their society" over "flaws in yours".

That would only be an opinion of what a flawed society is - your opinion.

Ask the average American if they would trade places with you (a Canadian I presume) or for that matter with any other person across the globe. It shouldn't surprise you that close to no Americans would swap with you - they are happier with "flaws in their society" over "flaws in yours".

You’re absolutely correct and I also think that not many people from other 1st world countries wound want to swap with Americans either. Even less so in the last year or so.

Some of the reasons are genuine and some are based on incorrect assumptions that could be based on a media bias (or sometimes even ridiculous propaganda).

Don't forget that the majority of Americans do not hold a passport, and fewer have travelled outside of the US, much less North America. I am always floored when I'm in a major American city within a 10hour drive from Toronto how few have actually travelled here.

When you have a culture that is so insular from the world, fed a constant stream of "America is the greatest nation in the world", yeah, they're probably going to be happy with where they are.

Don't forget that the majority of Americans do not hold a passport, and fewer have travelled outside of the US, much less North America. I am always floored when I'm in a major American city within a 10hour drive from Toronto how few have actually travelled here.

When you have a culture that is so insular from the world, fed a constant stream of "America is the greatest nation in the world", yeah, they're probably going to be happy with where they are.
Lol, have you travelled to any tourist destination & compare the amount of Americans vs Canadians?

That doesn't change that a majority of Americans have not travelled outside their own country.
There are lots of Canadians who haven't travelled outside too. My wife has never traveled outside North America.

I'm not floored, I suspect you're not familiar with tourism.

The number of tripstaken by Americans to overseas destinations currently accounts for 45% of all internationaltrips -- they do get around! (https://tiac-aitc.ca/_Library/TIAC_Publications/TIAC_Annual_Report_2016_EN.pdf)

The US itself is the world's top international tourist destination by a gigantic margin. Foreigners spend $210 billion on travel inside the USA, that's about as much as the next 5 countries combined.

People travel to the US because it's the most geographically and culturally diverse nation on earth AND it has may of the world's top natural and man-made tourist attractions. I takes a long time just to see America for most Americans, even so they still they almost 1/2 the worlds international trips each year.

I'm not floored, I suspect you're not familiar with tourism.

The number of tripstaken by Americans to overseas destinations currently accounts for 45% of all internationaltrips -- they do get around! (https://tiac-aitc.ca/_Library/TIAC_Publications/TIAC_Annual_Report_2016_EN.pdf)

From that same link,

"Despite leading the pack on a total trips basis, per capita trips (i.e., the number of trips per 1,000 population) for the US and China are the lowest of the major economies. China generates 93 outbound trips/1,000 people while the United States generates 228 trips. By comparison, Canada has the third largest with 897 trips/1,000 people, behind the UK (988 trips) and Germany (1,012 trips)."

My guess if she was not packing things would have never gotten to this point. She would have sped off at the first chance, just didn't feel the need. Hard to know for sure.... but fight or flight really depends on how one feels they will do in the fight vs the flight.

The average American couldn't point out a specific Canadian province on a map if their life depended on it, and many (honestly, I'm not ******** you) think that have snow 12 months of the year. I used to cross the border twice a day every day of the week for many years for work and at least 2-3 times a month I'd see US cars coming into Canada in the dead of summer with skis on the roof.

My point is that most have NO idea our realities here....they just hear that we are not allowed to have guns (oh noes!) and that our health care system is a disaster, which of course, in not the case. But that's what their choice of news (especially the Fox News crowd) has spoon fed them about Canada (and that's genuinely the extent of what many know about us), so forgive me for laughing about the fact Americans may not want to come here - they have no idea how good we have it.

I travel in the USA a lot and am constantly amazed at how clueless most Americans are about Canada.

[video=youtube;7ZE0TuKTpo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZE0TuKTpo4[/video]

America is so horrible that they exceed in Olympics. Name me another country that perform as well in all sports.

....they just hear that we are not allowed to have guns (oh noes!) and that our health care system is a disaster, which of course, in not the case.
I think it is the case, at least for many. When I moved to Canada from the USA, I had to leave my guns behind. I also had to leave my health care choices, and my immediate access to healthcare behind.

I agree they don't have the same knowledge of Canada as the average Canadian - Americans don't really have a need to know. I could say the same about Canadians understanding the USA, it's diverse cultures, it's government and constitution. The average American has a much deeper understanding of their country, it's civics and history than does the average Canadian on Canada.

The average American has a much deeper understanding of their country, it's civics and history than does the average Canadian on Canada.

Curious to know what you`re basing this on.

I was educated in both countries and have my own opinions, i'll wait for your response though.

Curious to know what you`re basing this on.

I was educated in both countries and have my own opinions, i'll wait for your response though.
Between age 20 and 40, I split my time between Los Angeles and Toronto. My kids did the first 1/2 their elementary schooling in the USA, the other half in Markham where I settles in 2002. I also operated my own business with offices in Toronto and Buffalo until I retired in 2013.

I have a place in the US with lots of American neighbors and friends. I can draw contrast as I have lots of Canadian neighbours and friends.

Back
Top Bottom