biker shoots cager | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

biker shoots cager

Between age 20 and 40, I split my time between Los Angeles and Toronto. My kids did the first 1/2 their elementary schooling in the USA, the other half in Markham where I settles in 2002. I also operated my own business with offices in Toronto and Buffalo until I retired in 2013.

I have a place in the US with lots of American neighbors and friends. I can draw contrast as I have lots of Canadian neighbours and friends.

Fair enough.

You are correct, there is a big disconnect in Canadian schools in regards to self-history. In particular i find the topic of indigenous people is practically avoided.

It's hard to compare school system between Canada and the US. School boards are local affairs in the US, each city or county will have their own board. Curriculum and performance differs alot, and in many cases if tied to the wealth of the community.

This thread is about girls shoots cager -- if anyone wants to exchange thoughts on the differences between the US and Canada I'm game, but lets create a new thread for that.

Well.... The law is the same in Canada. As long as you can articulate your reasoning and it is indeed reasonable... You're good.
Look, until you have actually faced grievous bodily harm yourself and have had to deal with it... You really don't have a clue what you're talking about.
In my job of 28 years I've had to deal with it more often than I care to remember. Sometimes the harm was directed at me, but most often at someone else and it was up to me and my colleagues to intervene.
There's a lot of interesting psychology (projection) exposed in these types of threads...

Pretty much textbook: Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[SUP][1][/SUP] For example, a person who is habitually intolerant may constantly accuse other people of being intolerant. It incorporates blame shifting.

Okay, let me give you a better example.

Lets say guns were legal in Canada.

I have a history of child abuse that led to current day rage issues. I also have a lot of experience with creating, manipulating and destroying systems (this includes policy, rule, and law systems.)
Do you REALLY want someone like me with a gun? :agave:

油井緋色;2547949 said:
If you're mentally unstable I don't want you with a gun, a car, a knife or a bottle of bleach.

If you really want a gun, I can't do much to stop you. Getting is $175 and takes a weekend. Easier and cheaper than an M2 course. Then go get yer gun! Alternative option is to do like a criminal and get one off the street.

America is so horrible that they exceed in Olympics. Name me another country that perform as well in all sports.

Do you fact check anything before posting what pops into your head?

The USA, for all their might, is in 6'th place in the Olympics right now, behind FRANCE fer chrisakes. There's a joke there, somewhere.

As was mentioned, they're being beat by countries with a fraction of their population, including...us. Canada is in 3rd place.

Norway, Germany and Canada are doing far better in the medal count.

Norway only has 5 million people.

Is this fake news?
I am talking Olympics as a whole. You do know the summer Olympics is much bigger than winter, right?

油井緋色;2547949 said:
Okay, let me give you a better example.

Lets say guns were legal in Canada.

I have a history of child abuse that led to current day rage issues. I also have a lot of experience with creating, manipulating and destroying systems (this includes policy, rule, and law systems.)
If you made it to 20 something odd years without assaulting somebody or getting a criminal record, sure.

I think they passed some very severe sentencing legislation in the U.K. for anyone using acid in an attack. It's a pretty heartless way of attacking someone. I suppose if we had a society where people getting attacked was an unstoppable epidemic, it would be necessary to carry a gun. Luckily, in Canada we don't have that kind of atmosphere. In the United States, where crime and attacks are frequent in some cities I suppose carrying a gun is a good idea. As a gun owner, I can't say I would ever do it, even in USA. I'm just not that insecure, but if you think you need to go ahead. It worked for the girl in this case, and who knows what might have happened to her?

Good for her. It's sounds like the guy was a raging idiot.

Great interview. Not all chopped up and edited by some anti-gun liberal who doesn't want the truth to come out. From the witness accounts I read it sounds like she is telling the truth. The man got out of the car accosted, then attacked her. There's absolutely no excuse for that.

+1, touching on the right points.

1* If she hadn't been carrying a gun, the confrontation would likely have ended without any death or significant injury.

2* A society that values C/C is the same that enables violent encounters like this to begin with.

3* I don't fault her at all for using whatever means was available to her to protect herself. I fault society for making stupid means available to her.

4* A compliment or advance of any kind is not sexual assault. If you don't understand where the line is then clearly you should avoid making any compliment or advance.

Conclusion?

Allowing C/C would do far more than allowing someone to decisively end any dispute on a whim. It would reshape society by entrenching the view that social interaction is violent by default, as if only the threat of reciprocal violence keeps us from causing harm to others. At the same time it allows us to avoid trying to understand each other (see premise #4), and in the place of understanding we substitute the threat of violence if anyone dares to violate the sanctity of our potentially cocooned world view.

You guys that love the US so much, just move there. There are plenty of good people down there I'd love to have as a fellow Canadian, maybe they can trade citizenships with you?

1* If she hadn't been carrying a gun, the confrontation would likely have ended without any death or significant injury.

If her description is half accurate, she may have been injured significantly.

Back
Top Bottom