1.5 months | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1.5 months

March is fine if you head south on the right kind of day / weather pattern but be careful of the higher areas in PA and New York as it will get right chilly and also near the lakes. You need to be willing to ride in high single digits for a bit to get south and then it gets warmer, I left here at 12 C ...it was 9 on the SKyway and then also 9 getting into the Timmies near Ellicotville. 30C on 220 near Renovo and I was shedding layers. It's fun chasing spring. Viriginia average daytimes are mid teens ...you just need to pick a good couple of days..
Shouldn't you be way down south being eaten by kangaroos this time of year?

Yes but we are moving house/business. :(

This year maybe Georgia versus Virginia

180213183555_1_900x600.jpg

Polar vortex defies climate change in the Southeast U.S.
Winters in the Southeast have been getting colder instead of warmer
Date:
February 13, 2018
Source:
Dartmouth College
Summary:
Overwhelming scientific evidence has demonstrated that our planet is getting warmer due to climate change, yet parts of the eastern US are actually getting cooler. According to a new study, the location of this anomaly, known as the 'US warming hole,' is a moving target. During the winter and spring, the US warming hole sits over the Southeast, as the polar vortex allows arctic air to plunge into the region, resulting in persistently cooler temperatures.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180213183555.htm

Last edited:
Book trip south, rent bike.

Did that once, got so lost in being out riding in middle of February in glorious Caribbean warmth and sunshine that we nearly missed our ship as a result. A very long story.

There have been plenty of warm days to ride this winter

Not if you actually wanted non-sloppy road conditions there hasn't been, at least in my neck of the woods.

Compared to the last 2 winters this one has sucked donkey testicles.

pp aren't you indisposed anyways? Three months until my lesson, and trip to Vermont.

pp aren't you indisposed anyways?

Back to work next Tuesday, barring my surgeon followup tomorrow morning going differently than I hope and anticipate.

Congrats! The rest of the winter won't feel so long if you're back to work.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Only got about 1 more month now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taking my time getting the bike ready. little mod - got rid of the fender, added LED license plate bolts and and a diy fender eliminator and an after market exhaust . But more importantly chain needs some little surface rust removal, cleaning and waxing. brakes and tires also need a check.
the count down to riding sounds like we are launching into outer space!

I usually figure mid-Mach as the time that the bike becomes my usually transportation. I got out for about 200km today... just riding around backroads over to Bewdley, south side of Rice Lake, etc.

..Tom

I'm going to have a tough time concentrating on moving on Tuesday and Wednesday

12 and 13 ....even 6 tomorrow is good. Rainy tho. Some small mercy ....lovely today.

I heard someone out today. Thought about it myself, but meh, it was a bit brisk.

I go back to work starting Tuesday and took an early start shift for the next month or so at least, so I'll be finished and home by 2PM every day. If there's an opportunity with the weather, you want to believe I'll be out there at 2:05PM. ;)

20mm or so forecasted for mon/tue with 90% POP, 80% on Wednesday. Then wet snow on Friday.

Keep the bikes locked up peeps.

20mm or so forecasted for mon/tue with 90% POP, 80% on Wednesday.

All that rain will take care of not only the snow, but flushing away all the salt as well. At that point I won't care about riding in the wet anymore as it'll be fresh water, not briny water.

Thursday does indeed look hopeful, if only for a little local rip given as how it's not looking super warm.

Back
Top Bottom