1.5 months | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1.5 months

You don't?
Nope. My work is 3 blocks, not worth gearing up. Also I work at a concrete plant, my minivan gets filthy and I'm not coating my bike in Portland cement dust.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Some new Canadians are still riding, it is the best way to cure the itch.

e70f76b79c1c1393186000f6252013dd.jpg
Sweet. Nice photo, I like the wheelie shot too.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Nah I’m surrounded by a lot of new Canadians from India at work and I don’t trust them in a parking lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My company has atleast a few acres of parking lot, one of the benefits of riding is that they also have a dedicated bike section that is right at the front the lot. Even closer than the light duty/medical parking lol. There's a guy that parks his ebike there and his alarm pisses itself every time I cold start hahaha.

Last edited:
My company has atleast a few acres of parking lot, one of the benefits of riding is that they also have a dedicated bike section that is right at the front the lot. Even closer than the light duty/medical parking lol. There's a guy that parks his ebike there and his alarm pisses itself every time I cold start hahaha.

My work also has a designated area for bikes. The maintainance guys like to put tool boxes there so I just park in front with the cars. Had a few times the AGM would send an email reminding us riders to use the spot put there for us. I just send him a picture of half the area blocked by tools.

;)

Personally have my "Start of Riding Season....Hopefully" date to April 15th. Might be warmer before then, but typically the roads are still being salted due to overnight lows, plus a few good rains to wash most of the crap away.

Personally have my "Start of Riding Season....Hopefully" date to April 15th. Might be warmer before then, but typically the roads are still being salted due to overnight lows, plus a few good rains to wash most of the crap away.

That's my official date too. Usually clear roads and good weather by then. April 15th is a Sunday this year. About 9 weeks to go.

I should be moving to a new shop March 1st. I have the old one until end of march and I really don't feel like towing my bike, so hoping for a streak of weather to rid us of the snow and wash away some salt. I'll ride in 5 degrees, but the road will need to be clean, sand and salt are killers.

I’m waiting till last week of march, historical precedents suggest temps around 8-9 degrees and heading upwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually stay in town and take it easy until 2nd week of April or so because there's still tons of salt and gravel on the roads north of the city. Last year we had some days at the beginning of April that were close to 15 degrees. Hopefully this yr is the same. They are expecting much less rain this summer too!

I usually stay in town and take it easy until 2nd week of April or so because there's still tons of salt and gravel on the roads north of the city. Last year we had some days at the beginning of April that were close to 15 degrees. Hopefully this yr is the same. They are expecting much less rain this summer too!

Now you jinx it! :p

Christ April is the start of the riding season? I was hoping for March, fkn hell...

April is more the official beginning, you can start late march like me, or even earlier if your crazy?

Salt won't hurt your bike, sand and gravel only present a hazard if your running too hard and fast.

While the roads are dirty I just stay with the pace of traffic. A dialed back ride on dirty roads is way more exhilarating than sitting on the couch waiting for street sweepers.

Christ April is the start of the riding season? I was hoping for March, fkn hell...

Late March you'll normally get a few nice afternoons, mid April is normally the earliest that you can reasonably ride regularly

March is fine if you head south on the right kind of day / weather pattern but be careful of the higher areas in PA and New York as it will get right chilly and also near the lakes.

You need to be willing to ride in high single digits for a bit to get south and then it gets warmer,

I left here at 12 C ...it was 9 on the SKyway and then also 9 getting into the Timmies near Ellicotville.

30C on 220 near Renovo and I was shedding layers.

It's fun chasing spring. Viriginia average daytimes are mid teens ...you just need to pick a good couple of days..

Last edited:
yup.......altitude makes big changes
not something a lot of us in flat Ontario consider
was on a trip through Vermont in June
25 degrees down low
5 minute ride up the Green Mountains
and lots of snow still
was a very slow ride down the other side

Back
Top Bottom