RPM needle sitting at redline while bike is turned off | GTAMotorcycle.com

RPM needle sitting at redline while bike is turned off

arogal

Took my battery out a couple days ago and threw it on the tender for the winter on my 09' ZX6R (Should have done it earlier....i know!). Wish I could directly hook it up, but it in underground parking and there are no ouputs. I walked past it today and noticed that the RPM needle was sitting at the redline (17,000 rpm's). It should be sitting at 0 because when you turn the key it does the swoosh up and down. Could I have possibly mistakenly turned the bike on and off quickly when I was locking the handle bars and it stayed at the redline cause that's when it was shut off? I am at work right now, and its just been on my mind bothering me a bit (I'm a worry wort about that schit). I am going to put the battery back in tonight and turn the key to see what it does. Hopefully it's nothing serious and goes back to where it should be sitting. It never happened in the past with my 15' R3.
Just strange is all!

Seems strange I just tired to turn mine on and off fast and could not make it stay anywhere, it always goes back to 0, but i would not freak out until you reinstall that battery and try it out. It should cycle and zero out with the battery attached.

If not I have used 09 gauge if you need to purchase one or use one to trouble shoot. You dont want to have to pay the $800+ for a new gauge from a dealer

Cold weather can make gauges do weird things, whether they are mechanical or electric

Back
Top Bottom