2011 CBR250RA Bad idea project thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 CBR250RA Bad idea project thread

I don't know if I'd trust an iphone angle app for tiny changes, so many things can go wrong (eg accuracy/repeatability of sensor, slope of floor, both tires inflated properly etc.).

Does someone have a measurement from the axle back to a point on the bike? That should be more accurate.

Great suggestion.

Did they say how the swingarm dent happened? Inside looks to line up properly, but if you have a replacement, not an issue.

No damaged paint on the frame. First thing I looked at before buying. This picks with the spare triples on. Looks correct. They came from a damaged bike as well. Part of the problem is the auction idiots moved it with a strap and fork lift more than once. Some of the damage they did. If the weather was better I would just drive it on the lot and see how it feels.

dlrdgNj.gif

hey gvh, have you found time to check the triples? Like this thread. If that doesn't pan out maybe removing the tubes from forks and rolling them on a glass table - to check for straightness?

With the new triples the app shows it with in spec. Better than the original ones did with the app anyway. I bought the complete front and side fairings with inner pieces, tail fender with light, Left clip on, side stand, speedo backing panel, one mirror, all new signals off kijiji for very fair price. Fixed clutch perch with parts from the SR parts bike,

Still need to order the swingarm and left foot peg with shifter from QC. New battery. Need new main fairing stay and clutch lever form dealer. Luckily only $42 for stay. Still need lock set. or new ignition lock and have 2 keys. It will also need a new chain do to rust from sitting outside. I'm keeping an Excel spread sheet on the costs.

When I called the dealer for parts pricing for the CBR it all ways ended with "we have that in stock" Headlight, fairing stay, signals every part ??

Ok. I know have all the big parts I need. Just bought a complete 2012 rolling chassis with full wiring. Even has the lock set. Through in the good gas tank. This frames not street legal but fine for racing. It was rear ended. Fronts fine including triples, forks, clipons, rim and brakes. Unload it at work tomorrow and do some measuring.

Ok. I know have all the big parts I need. Just bought a complete 2012 rolling chassis with full wiring. Even has the lock set. Through in the good gas tank. This frames not street legal but fine for racing. It was rear ended. Fronts fine including triples, forks, clipons, rim and brakes. Unload it at work tomorrow and do some measuring.

cool. one stop shopping for new front end parts and fairings !
evryone likes pics !

Last edited:
Not all that surprising to see high availability on replacement parts for a beginner bike. They expect them to be dropped repeatedly.

It was true basket case box of bits. I'm working on another CBR250 with bent forks cosmeticly challenged but clean title. Enough to make to ugly ducklings.

FFjenoX.gif

This seller had a complete set of scuffed black fairings with headlight and speedo. Also a motor with 4K on it.

Are you building your own race team? You're going to have enough 250's to start a rental fleet.

Back
Top Bottom