RBC/AVIVA HUGE increase | GTAMotorcycle.com

RBC/AVIVA HUGE increase

sundin4prez

After years of my rates slowly but surely lowering, today I got my renewal from RBC/AVIVA and It was a shocker for sure..... 160% increase from one year to the next; good stuff.

No accidents/tickets/etc.

Does anyone has suggestions on companies for a 28 year old, M for four years, beaches area, for a pidly little cbr 125? ( I was finaly going to upgrade, but I guess not anymore).

After years of my rates slowly but surely lowering, today I got my renewal from RBC/AVIVA and It was a shocker for sure..... 160% increase from one year to the next; good stuff.

Does anyone has suggestions on companies for a 28 year old, M for four years, beaches area, for a pidly little cbr 125? ( I was finaly going to upgrade, but I guess not anymore).

I didn't know RBC = Aviva?

But that sucks dude....raising rates on 125s??

oh man ... And here I had my hopes up for insuring a SS with them.

lol thanks. I edited my post.
RBC & I think another bank, tried to buy two of the big insurance companies years ago. There was a big stink with the government at the time. Later on two banks tried to merge, with similar results.

UPDATE.

Apologies, I made a mistake in the percentage increase in price ( accidentally used 2016 numbers).

Instead I saw an increase of 189%.

Its not the bike that is the issue, but instead the rider ( late 20s, M for 4 years) as even a 50cc scooter was more than double my 2016, and 2017 rate.

I've seen steady decreases with TD MM... but as everyone said you gotta call'em all.

I had a similar scenario.
Had my SV with them. I got quotes for about 4 different bikes (FZ1, VFR800, daytona 675 and the cb919). Decided I'd try out a 919 and bought one. Called in, no problems. Payed the same rate until renewal. My rate went up by 200% in a matter of maybe a month. Needless to say, I was absolutely livid as i just bought the bike and I would have bought a supersport if i had known the rates were going to be that much.
They literally said we quoted you for a month. Who the F calls in for a quote for the month.
RBC and Aviva has now lost me as a customer for life. I just about lost my shirt on this bike because of them.

I called Paul South and he got me a more reasonable rate. Not amazing but I'm not willing to spend more than 1k on insurance in ontario for a pleasure vehicle

The way the stock market is going expect general increases. They invest the premiums and that isn't going well.

I've seen steady decreases with TD MM... but as everyone said you gotta call'em all.

I have been with TD MM for a few years, last year I paid $850 for my 1100 cruiser this year, oops $1050, don't know what their reasoning is :-(

When an insurance company changes hands it can take quite some time for policies to be converted to the new underwriter process and rates. While in transition rates are often just rolled over until they can be individually assessed. That's why you get maybe one reasonable renewal and then perhaps a shocker, then it's time to shop around for a better rate.

The way the stock market is going expect general increases. They invest the premiums and that isn't going well.

Sorry thats like saying the rates will drop if those investments do well. There is always an excuse to raise rates on us. Insurance in this province is horrendous.

My CBR650FA was pretty low when I was with Dalton Timmis/Aviva for 2-3 years. That said, I switched everything to Allstate as they were much better on my bike and car. Fingers crossed rates went down for 2018 vs up...Guess I find out in around another 2-4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom