Tire changers/set ups | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire changers/set ups

Hack

Looking for recommendations re. a decent tire changer.
Been scoping out the No-Mar "classic"... 'Anyone own/use one... There's a few no name chi-com units out there for less $ but I wonder if they're crappy.

Looking for recommendations re. a decent tire changer.
Been scoping out the No-Mar "classic"... 'Anyone own/use one... There's a few no name chi-com units out there for less $ but I wonder if they're crappy.

I have used the No mar, one of their higher end models, and a china copy. The china copy is complete crap Id rather use tire irons personally. No mar is pretty good but get some spare tips for the bar, you can mangle them learning how to use it smoothly and some harder track tires can wear them also, I think the higher priced units come with spares

I’ve got the NoMar Classic tire changer and balancer.It changes sport bike tires with ease.Cruiser and touring tires are a little tough at first but once you’ve mastered the technique and learn to use lots of lube they’re no problem.Its a really well built piece of equipment and worth the money if you do more than one or two tire changes a year.Unless you plan on changing Gold Wing and truck tires on a regular basis you will be fine with their Classic model.

Last edited:
I have the no mar classic and done about 30 tires with it, as said once you get the hang of it it works really well. Excellent quality unit.

No-Mar Classic owner here. What the others said - it takes a couple of tires to figure out how to do things more easily, but once you have it down it works very well. It's well worth the money.

Well that settles it then...
No Mar classic it shall be.

Thx GTAM.... My VISA card hates you.

Well that settles it then...
No Mar classic it shall be.

Thx GTAM.... My VISA card hates you.
NoMar usually has a display at the Mid-Ohio super bike races.If you can,call them ahead and pick it up there and catch the races.Shipping will be killer on that thing,it’s pretty heavy.

NoMar usually has a display at the Mid-Ohio super bike races.If you can,call them ahead and pick it up there and catch the races.Shipping will be killer on that thing,it’s pretty heavy.

Shipping is $38USD.
I have anything I buy on-line in the US shipped to my address in NY. When it arrives I fit a run across the border into my schedule and go pick it up.
No big deal. Rainbow bridge is an hour from home.
Once in a while I get ding'd by CBSA for taxes, but more often than not they don't bother.
'Last big purchase was a HF lift table. CBSA just looked at my receipt and sent me on my way.

I think it was $150 US to ship to Whitby.Dont forget to get a tub of their lube and wheel weights.

Question for the no mar crowd.
the Posi clamps, anyone used them? They appear to slip over the blocks to allow for spoked or deep rims? The details say ‘heavy cruisers and adv bikes’. Need them? Or just extra crap.....
Got half a dozen ties to change this season, so thinking about picking one up in the next few weeks.
......unless anyone is looking to sell one second hand.
Thx

the Posi clamps, anyone used them? They appear to slip over the blocks to allow for spoked or deep rims? The details say ‘heavy cruisers and adv bikes’. Need them? Or just extra crap.....
Got half a dozen ties to change this season, so thinking about picking one up in the next few weeks.
Thx
u
I’ve never needed them, probably depends on what kind of tires your changing.Sport bike tires will literally fall on the rim by themselves.If I’m doing stiffer touring tires, I’ll leave them in the sun for an hour or two to soften them up.Its 90% technique.Watch the videos on NoMars website, lots of good tips.The great thing about the NoMar changers is that you couldn’t scratch your wheels if you tried.

I think it was $150 US to ship to Whitby.Dont forget to get a tub of their lube and wheel weights.

I'll pay the $38 and pick it up...
They ship it with the lube and all the tools needed...

Last edited:
Anyone know how easy it is to change tires with rim bands on the inside with one of these things? I have two gaskets that go over the spoke points to seal the rims and apparently it's easy to put a tear in one of them and get a leak if you're not careful. There are reports of experienced shops having this issue with these tires too. I'd like to change the tires at home to save cash but currently take my bike to the KTM dealer.

Anyone know how easy it is to change tires with rim bands on the inside with one of these things? I have two gaskets that go over the spoke points to seal the rims and apparently it's easy to put a tear in one of them and get a leak if you're not careful. There are reports of experienced shops having this issue with these tires too. I'd like to change the tires at home to save cash but currently take my bike to the KTM dealer.

if you are careful with the bead braker - it might be possible.
i havne't changed a ktm time lately - but it depends where it is located.

a No-mar is no miracle machine - you still have to be careful with what you are doing.

Thx

I have the Posi-Clamps. When you need them, you need them. I have a BMW GS, and one the one hand it makes things much, much easier. On the other hand, they are a real pain to clamp tight enough to actually hold the rim so it doesn't spin.

If you have a bunch of different rims and tires to change, you'll be glad you have them. If you just have a sport bike, then you likely won't need them. Needing them and not having them means you're stuck (unless you go old school and use spoons).

If anyone has a No-Mar they're interested in selling... Let me know.

Yeah... I checked them out, but... 'Still, I can get it for less if i order direct. The border is a non issue.

Why the sudden change?

Back
Top Bottom