Does Canada matter ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does Canada matter ?

TK4

We are only 3% of the total ... Note: this does not include privately sold used machines.

A study of data from North American dealerships showed new motorcycles over pre-owned at a rate of 2:1 in 2017. A total of 382,000 motorcycle retail transactions were considered, with 65 percent of sales being new bikes and 35 percent pre-owned. This exclusive motorcycle retail sales study focuses on 382,000 new and pre-owned motorcycles sold between Jan. 1, 2017 and Dec. 31, 2017.
This study includes all motorcycle segments, including cruiser, dual-purpose,
enduro, motocross, sport, standard and touring types of motorcycles. This study only includes units where the VIN number can be decoded to identify the exact make, model, product line and segment. OEMs that do not provide specific VIN decoding were not included.
Broken down by region, 2017 new and preowned motorcycle sales were strongest in the South, where 28 percent of all motorcycle sales in this sample occurred. A total of 19 percent of motorcycle unit sales occurred in the Midwest, with 17 percent
in California and 14 percent in the both the West and Northeast.
Finally, Canada and the Northwest represent 5 percent and 3 percent of total motorcycle unit sales in this study, respectively. Looking at segment sales by region, sport models were the top seller in the South, where 27 percent of the total sales were sport bikes. The Midwest prefers touring units, with those models taking 24 percent of the total sales. The top-selling model type in the West is an enduro unit, at 22 percent of total sales. Sport models were the models that consumers chose the most in the Northeast and California, at 28 percent and 31 percent of total sales, respectively.
Model preference in the Northwest and Canada are fairly balanced. Enduro models topped the purchases in these regions at 21 percent and 20 percent, respectively.

This isn’t exclusive to just motorcycles, in any domain, does Canada matter? Who can we really compete with? In economics, business, tech, militarily etc

Love Canada, but we’re not the leaders in any field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn’t exclusive to just motorcycles, in any domain, does Canada matter? Who can we really compete with? In economics, business, tech, militarily etc

pft, we got maple syrup on lock.

pft, we got maple syrup on lock.
Thanks for that. Totally made me laugh!

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

And yet I can't think of a single place I would rather live.

We are drawers of water and hewers of wood...

First for the British...

Then the Americans...

Now the Chinese...

In the future, maybe the Super-Beetle overlords (if I remember my Lovecraft correctly).

Let's be grateful that we're too useful and too cold to bother invading. Also, an okay place to live.

Using your numbers;
Total sales of new bikes in North America 248,300 units
Total sales of new bikes in Canada 7449 unit

A couple of minutes googling
Honda worldwide sales in 2017 about 16,000,000 units
Total worldwide sales (including scooters, ebike) about 135,000,000 units.

[video=youtube;eO8xgNExIqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO8xgNExIqI[/video]

[video=youtube;WrI_uhYFvCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrI_uhYFvCY[/video]

[video=youtube;QfM_ZBEWl30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfM_ZBEWl30[/video]

We certainly don't matter for the mcycle industry,

We do for citizens and tourists on a number of categories

For a second year in a row, the Great White North was ranked second in the annual “Best Countries” survey from the U.S. News & World Report, in conjunction with Young & Rubicam BAV Consulting and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

Switzerland edged out Canada for the number one ranking, scoring a perfect 10 while Canada took in 9.7 in overall scoring.

Canada tops Lonely Planet’s ‘Best in Travel 2017’ list
By Kevin Nielsen National Online Journalist, Breaking News Global News
https://globalnews.ca/news/3142266/canada-tops-lonely-planets-best-in-travel-2017-list/

Canada Named 'Most Reputable Country' In Time For 150th Birthday
www.huffingtonpost.ca/.../canada-most-reputable-country-reputation-reptrak_a_2300...
Jun 29, 2017 - The Reputation Institute's latest survey of most reputable countries has given Canada a first-place finish, up from second place last year. Canada bumped last year's winner, Sweden, to third place, behind Switzerland. In the six years the survey has been carried out, Canada has never ranked worse than second place .

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/29/canada-most-reputable-country-reputation-reptrak_a_23008482/

yeah we matter but
http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2Ff1526cd2cf29a299f8db824da51479cb%2F203243750%2F487056792.jpg

but diddly for the motorcycle market beyond perhaps the worst for insurance :(

World without Canada series is pretty cool. Knew most of it, but there were quite a few tidbits that I didn't know.

If we didn't matter, motorcycle manufactures wouldn't build distribution centers or bother certifying product for our market. They would just stay in the large markets.
They are here for the profit margin, not because they like us.

The japanese could just fake maple syrup, like they did scotch whiskey

If we didn't matter, motorcycle manufactures wouldn't build distribution centers or bother certifying product for our market. They would just stay in the large markets.
They are here for the profit margin, not because they like us.

There is a big difference between importing a bike and designing a bike for a market. We get what what fits off the rack...no bespoke for Canada cept bi-lingual bits.

Canada is boring. We're a nanny state. We don't do anything.

We're also really peaceful because we're so boring. Also Canada is one of the best places to actually participate in motorsports because everybody else pays for that expense health bill lol

Back
Top Bottom