Looking for button cell with solder tabs | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for button cell with solder tabs

nobbie48

Site Supporter
I need a CR2032 button cell with solder tabs. Next nothing from Alibaba but I don't need 10,000.

Some games may run them. Does anyone have a local source?

I could put in a battery holder but then the instrument doesn't have drop protection.

I need a CR2032 button cell with solder tabs. Next nothing from Alibaba but I don't need 10,000.

I could put in a battery holder but then the instrument doesn't have drop protection.

If you can’t find a local source, AliExpress has a good price on a small qty.

10 pcs for $5.82 + $2.36 shipping

b499f0700226e52eb142a042bcca4d75.png

29989e1764d6b316d9b3cca09abbd6ab.png

I've soldered tabs on batteries before when I was desperate.

I would give Sayal a call (their website is horrendous but you could try looking to see if you can get a part #).

There’s also a seller from Alberta on ebay that sells in qty as low as 1 for $3.79 with free shipping

8fc941678197a3bc67db85e9f1777a96.png

bef9c85fe00f0a23531181592db9486e.png

I get disposable temp readers in at work all the time with 2032 batteries. The ones with tabs but they are soldered in....can you unsolder them and reuse? If so I *should* be able to get you some next week.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I've soldered tabs on batteries before when I was desperate.

I would give Sayal a call (their website is horrendous but you could try looking to see if you can get a part #).

I can get the battery holders from Sayal but not the batteries themselves. Most tabs are spot welded on but buying the appropriate spot welder is over the top unless I intended to rebuild tool batteries.

Not being facetious but if you have a battery holder on hand, couldn't you use it and hot glue the battery down or something

Not being facetious but if you have a battery holder on hand, couldn't you use it and hot glue the battery down or something

That is an option I would try if getting the right thing doesn't work out. I know where to get the right thing but if I described the person I would have to deal with I would get banned.

Two things happen if the battery comes loose.

1) The device has to be reset every time one turns it on.

2) The loose battery goes skittering around a bunch of live circuit boards in a $5K device.

Right now I only have to deal with the resets.

I'm sure a holder exists that can be safety wired but I assume the manufacturer figured the memory battery's 10 year life would render the unit obsolete. Come to think of it my old (Ancient) computer has the same Alzheimer's problem.

Thanks for the thought.

I discovered this spot the other day. https://www.creatroninc.com/category/battery/

They may or may not have what you need, check it out for yourself but either way they're still a useful resource I think.

Thank you. Looks good.

The internet is good but some freight charges are ridiculous especially cross border. Also sometimes you are fabricating something and you can accommodate the problem if allowed to browse.

Thank you. Looks good.

The internet is good but some freight charges are ridiculous especially cross border. Also sometimes you are fabricating something and you can accommodate the problem if allowed to browse.
Oops I guess you figured it out but for everyone else... I forgot to mention the most important part: they have stores downtown and in Scarborough.

I guess my and the previous generation's go to place - Active Surplus, is long gone due to Queen West real estate prices.

I guess my and the previous generation's go to place - Active Surplus, is long gone due to Queen West real estate prices.
Aren't they still on Steeles here in Vaughan? They opened that location a few years back but I haven't checked if they're still there in probably a year or so. Steeles and Pine Valley.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Dunno, Active had a place up by me on Steeles but it's gone too. Probably not enough traffic in store. Dunno how they ever managed to stay in business TBH.

There's A-1 on North Queen near Sherway Gardens. I have no idea of how they keep track of stuff. Wander through narrow aisles of surplus whatevers.

The good old days of replacing resisters, capacitors etc is gone. With so much stuff now being surface mount or chips it's become a disposable world.

RIP Radio Shack

Last edited:
Did you want to build a mini spot welder? Check YouTube, lots of transformer or capacitor based how-to's just for battery tab welding. ...then you'll be here asking where can you find the nickle strips to weld onto the battery

Did you want to build a mini spot welder? Check YouTube, lots of transformer or capacitor based how-to's just for battery tab welding. ...then you'll be here asking where can you find the nickle strips to weld onto the battery

You've been reading my mind. I usually end up buying tools to make a tool to fix something that only I need.

Back
Top Bottom