Harley-Davidson finally confirms that it is bringing its first electric motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Harley-Davidson finally confirms that it is bringing its first electric motorcycle

Son, that can be yours too, you can have it both ways, just flip to page 125 of our parts catalog. Sound module with high-end speakers and wiring harness ... 695C$ + installation at HD dealership

Rich old farts.

Professionals making good coin who live in the suburbs and commute downtown TO. Range on these uber-e-bikes is good for that. Free parking. Bragging rights. Don't disturb the others in their estate at 6am.

You see such people commuting now on regular HD's? Or are you saying it will rather be a "new" customer to the brand who was holding out all those years from a bike propelled by ICE?

That's a lot of ugly tupperware. They are setting you up for a required $1000+ upgrade for paint.

They also advertise the touchscreen. Facepalm. Hopefully they also give you buttons on the bars if there is anything that you may need to access while riding.

Last edited:
Saw a report on ADVrider about a HD plant closing down somewhere. Those baby boomers are getting older and the young crowd aren’t as into the standard HD stuff. Diversify or die maybe.

Do you even Photoshop, bro?

livewire-9.jpg

Saw a report on ADVrider about a HD plant closing down somewhere. Those baby boomers are getting older and the young crowd aren’t as into the standard HD stuff. Diversify or die maybe.
They are closing the Kentucky plant, 600 jobs lost. Moving the operation to another plant in Pennsylvania, 450 new jobs there.
Likely a smart move business wise. I'm not really a Harley guy but as an enthusiast I don't want to see any manufacturers closing down production.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If it were a good bike
And I were interested in an ebike
False to the latter

I think buying from HD would make sense

They run a strong dealer network
Well capitalized
Parts on the shelf
And a strong support network

Dealer where I bought my current bike
Operates out of a quanset hut
Pretty sure they'd struggle with an ebike
But riding a Jap ice machine
I never need them

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

As much as everyone here knows I'm a big EV proponent, reality is there's just not enough real-estate on a motorcycle to carry, using todays technologies, enough kilowatts to make it viable.

That is unless your one of those riders who never goes further than the nearest Tim Hortons and then plays poseur all day long. Then I guess it'll work.

As much as everyone here knows I'm a big EV proponent, reality is there's just not enough real-estate on a motorcycle to carry, using todays technologies, enough kilowatts to make it viable.

That is unless your one of those riders who never goes further than the nearest Tim Hortons and then plays poseur all day long. Then I guess it'll work.
Glad you brought that up

It's clear that hydrogen

Is the future for bikes too

Worked well for the Hindenburg

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

There is millions in federal funding for manufacturers willing to look at alternative fueled vehicles. It just makes sense to be on that wagon, and HD may be leading the way.

battery technology is moving leaps and bounds in months , not years now. This is a viable product for a commuter, errand runner, go out for breakfast ride.
Product developement has to have a starting point, this can be it.

It will be interesting for sure, but certainly not for everyone. I suspect it will struggle to find an audience though, knowing what I know about EV acceptance in general, much less an electric motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom