Mmmmmm Carbon fiber.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mmmmmm Carbon fiber....

GateKeeper

Well nothing better to do over the winter, than work on ones bike....

So I added a bit more Carbon Fiber, and I think this was the last bit, anymore and it will just be too much...

ABtg0gu.jpg

FF4B2WI.jpg

s59ndjm.jpg

2Lh5C2g.jpg

UWX1N3G.jpg

Last edited:
Gotta love that lightweight CF on a bike with a rear rack. Just kidding, I just bought a CF belly pan for my bike that has hard bags.

Looks great!

Looks great! If you're after the look and not the weight savings, look in to hydro dipping/hydro graphics. You can make almost any part have a similar look.

CF parts made for performance are not clear coated like that.It looks very pretty,but that is not it's function.It's function is light weight and rigidity.But sadly race CF is not much fun in a spill.I had a tail section that just went *poof* at Bogie in a spill.A fiberglass tail section probably would have been repairable.
Like Rodney Dangerfield said...."That's the ugliest hat iv'e ever seen.....but it looks good on you!"

Fortunately for me, all the CF parts are for the look, and not for the function....

The dipping stuff, the wrapping stuff, I don't like, so I'd rather spend the cash on the real thing, and have it for a long time...

It's not to everyone's taste, but that is what makes the world go round, if everything was the same,,,it would be ever so boring....

Next thing is Ceramic Coating of the bike......does it need it,,,NO,,,but I can get it done for FREE, so why not....if nothing else,,,washing the bike will be a breeze.....not that it gets dirty anyways....:D

I like it. Nice.

I bought my Ducati Diavel because of the look. As you say, not for weight loss. Appearance. Makes me feel good, as I am sure you do also.
Good choices.

Looks good. If you wanted weight savings, you could probably just throw the plastic part in the bin, it looks like it just there for cosmetics anyway.

I agree with @cycling: Nothing wrong with CF for the "look." Not everything has to have a function beyond the aesthetic. Bought myself some CF for the Tuono:

8DqBkR8.jpg

Spendy as hell but it's going to be killer looking and definitely unique.

For almost everything off the race track, CF is for the look. And that's fine. I'm not one for bling, but I do have a CF can. Doesn't get as hot as metal, so a plus.

CF looks good, off topic question, how does your bead seat cover work for you? Been looking for something to improve my butt comfort on long rides.

CF looks good, off topic question, how does your bead seat cover work for you? Been looking for something to improve my butt comfort on long rides.

Works well, changes up the pressure points so it’s more comfortable than the seat alone, but my seat is not that bad anyways, but the beads do help.

I have an extra one if you want to try..

Back
Top Bottom