Ebay/Amazon Windscreen vs Puig/Zero Gravity | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ebay/Amazon Windscreen vs Puig/Zero Gravity

arogal

Has anyone purchased wind screens from Ebay/Amazon? I have a Puig Windscreen on my bike at moment and all it took was a rock to crack it up pretty good. At $150 (taxes in) you would think the plastic would be unbreakable. There seem to be some pretty decent knock off's online between $25-$40. If they are garbage and the holes don't line up properly/wobble at hwy speeds I won't bother and pick up a ZG one.
Thanks!

I have had good luck with MRA screens purchased from ebay. They also still make screens for a lot of older bikes. Two years ago I bought one from them for a 1985 fz750. Good quality.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I purchased an MRA screen, but not through eBay. Not cheap either. More expensive than PUIG.

I purchased an MRA screen, but not through eBay. Not cheap either. More expensive than PUIG.
I've been that route too lol. I was very impressed with the quality, especially for the fz.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Last time I cracked a screen, I got fed up and bought a small sheet of lexan and made my own. It was about twice as thick as a normal screen, and will outlast the bike. I've seen some of the thin windshields shatter into jagged edges.

I have a ZG DB $20 knock off on one of my bikes. Pretty much the only kind of knock off I would put on as hey it's just a piece of plastic. No issues.

go naked. Never have to buy a windscreen or remove a fairing ever again

Picked up a knock off ZG smoked double bubble from Amazon for $26 taxes in and shipped. If it fits....well then awesome! If not...well it's only $26 and was worth a shot. I'd never cheap out on performance parts, but yes, it's just a piece of plastic. Need to pick up some new levers cause the ebay ones on the bike I picked up are wobbly as f*ck and I don't consider that safe. bayside performance out west has pazzo levers for $180 taxes in shipped.

Ran $17 chinese screens on my race bikes for years. Break just as good in a crash as a puig for way less money.

Seriously, it's a piece of plastic. There is no difference.

Cheap Chinese windscreens are fine if you never plan on looking through them.

The optics can be quite terrible.

The brand name screens are typically better. My Zero G was crystal clear with no distortion. Kellen’s cheapo windscreen was like looking through Duff Beer Goggles.

Back
Top Bottom