Which Ninja 300 Model would you choose? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which Ninja 300 Model would you choose?

NOTE that when you register the bike at serviceontario you pay the tax on how much the bike is worth, not what you paid for it.

OP: Do what I just did, Get a used ninja 300 with ABS. Cheaper on insurance and will be easier to sell once youre ready to upgrade. My 300 is all blacked out and looks sexy af.
Incorrect. Service Ontario has no valuations on motorcycles period. You pay the tax on the amount you "claim" to have paid.
My drz400 I just bought I paid the tax on $500. The amount I wrote on the uvip at the Service Ontario right in front of the employee who just sold me the uvip. They don't care.
The actual MTO may care, and they may send a letter, ignore it.
Back on topic. If new is what you want I'd go 16 with abs. Since this isn't your first bike I don't see any reason to go used if you want new.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Incorrect. Service Ontario has no valuations on motorcycles period. You pay the tax on the amount you "claim" to have paid.
My drz400 I just bought I paid the tax on $500. The amount I wrote on the uvip at the Service Ontario right in front of the employee who just sold me the uvip. They don't care.
The actual MTO may care, and they may send a letter, ignore it.
Back on topic. If new is what you want I'd go 16 with abs. Since this isn't your first bike I don't see any reason to go used if you want new.

that didnt apply in my case, the value of my bike was worth more than was said on the bill of sale. i paid tax on the amount they said my bike was worth. this was in october 2017 so you may have had a different experience years ago

loling at you guys that think you can pay tax on whatever amount YOU want. you arent going to scam the gov

loling at you guys that think you can pay tax on whatever amount YOU want. you arent going to scam the gov

4 posts

methinks this one works for MTO/CRA

Hey OP.

Purchased my first bike brand new, '16 Ninja 300 ABS KRT Edition for $6k out the door.

Bought it a few months ago and am literally dying to go riding once the weather clears up in March/April.

I initially had the intent of buying used, but I didn't have any friends that knew much about bikes that could come with me to check out bikes. And it didn't help that I'm mechanically UN-inclined.
Most used ninjas that I could find were about 3.5k-4.5k, at least the ones that seemed good. But being that most used bikes have rotated owners 2-4 times, it didn't really put me at ease. Also it's a beginner bikes, I figured most of the previous owners were new riders, and probably didn't take great care of their bikes.

If you have the money and you don't mind tanking 1.5-2k for the peace of mind, I'd say go with brand new. But if budget is something that is tight, you should definitely look into getting used, and spend money elsewhere such as gear and Ontarios finest insurnace rates.

Hey OP.

Purchased my first bike brand new, '16 Ninja 300 ABS KRT Edition for $6k out the door.

Bought it a few months ago and am literally dying to go riding once the weather clears up in March/April.

I initially had the intent of buying used, but I didn't have any friends that knew much about bikes that could come with me to check out bikes. And it didn't help that I'm mechanically UN-inclined.
Most used ninjas that I could find were about 3.5k-4.5k, at least the ones that seemed good. But being that most used bikes have rotated owners 2-4 times, it didn't really put me at ease. Also it's a beginner bikes, I figured most of the previous owners were new riders, and probably didn't take great care of their bikes.

If you have the money and you don't mind tanking 1.5-2k for the peace of mind, I'd say go with brand new. But if budget is something that is tight, you should definitely look into getting used, and spend money elsewhere such as gear and Ontarios finest insurnace rates.

Get it safetied.

Atleast you know its safe to be ridden then. If it starts up, and nothing is leaking, sounds ok and is Japanese, then your probably in the clear.

I was owner #4 for my first bike(honda) the amount of money i saved in the long run buying used, i REALLY appreciated afterwards.

As far as taking care of their bikes, this is canada, most bikes are hardly ever even ridden. Long as its stored reasonably, ridden once in a while and the oil is changed, your good to go.

Even IF something was wrong with it(which there wasn't) and factoring any additional repair costs etc.. I still would have saved a CONSIDERABLE amounts of money buying used.

Unless its your dream bike, which you plan on keeping for a long time, makes no sense in buying new

that didnt apply in my case, the value of my bike was worth more than was said on the bill of sale. i paid tax on the amount they said my bike was worth. this was in october 2017 so you may have had a different experience years ago
I've registered so many bikes over the years I've lost count. The most recent was actually in November 2017.
They do not have a "book value" at Service Ontario and never have.
I'm not sure why your experience was so different from every other person here.

2016 with ABS...but I'd buy a Ninja 300 used. The difference between new and a a few oil changes in KM isn't much.

I've registered so many bikes over the years I've lost count. The most recent was actually in November 2017.
They do not have a "book value" at Service Ontario and never have.
I'm not sure why your experience was so different from every other person here.

Same as you...but fear it'll be changing. The gov wants their cut.

Okay. So I have 2 prices from 2 different dealers sorta in my area, different years and of course priced different. Both Brand new just adding the HST + Licence.

2017 Ninja 300 Non ABS $4999.00

2016 Ninja 300 with ABS $4650.00

The 17 I prefer the color over the 16 and the ABS on the 16 is a plus I guess some will say.

What do you all think, I am uncertain on deciding.

Ask your insurance company if there is a difference on the rates, stranger things have happened!

Good point. I wouldn't expect to see much difference but it is always worth the call first when dealing with insurance.

Ask your insurance company if there is a difference on the rates, stranger things have happened!

Not sure who you got at MTO but it seems like they were scamming you. I just got a used bike last week and he specifically told me quote on quote "remember, there are no book values on motorcycles" and smirked. They are scamming us! No reason to pay tax something when it was already paid on the initial purchase.

My friend was looking at Ninja 300's also. the 2013-2014 models were roughly 30% less to insure than a brand new 2017. Keep that in mind also. This was the same with both TD and Aviva.

My friend was looking at Ninja 300's also. the 2013-2014 models were roughly 30% less to insure than a brand new 2017. Keep that in mind also. This was the same with both TD and Aviva.

Was that because it was insuring a financed bike VS a bike that's bought in cash?

Was that because it was insuring a financed bike VS a bike that's bought in cash?
Nope, he was paying the dealer cash. the insurance companies said something about how its a "new bike" and there is a higher risk of theft compared to older models. Doesn't really make much sense to me, but they are the ones that make the rates...unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom