Is tail light with integrated turn signals legal in Canada - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is tail light with integrated turn signals legal in Canada

Re: Is tail light with integrated turn signals legal in Canada

Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Haha, cops should be able to "mark" the lights with problems by banging them with their maglites. If you are dumb enough to smoke visual aids, you deserve a few thousand dollar bill.

It is interesting reading the wording around smoked headlights/taillights. The last time I read the laws, they were legal but you had to pull the smoked covers off at night. I don't know a single person with smoked lights that has ever taken them off. I can't remember what the rules were for indicators.
    Well if the vehicle isn't legal to drive then they can tow it, fine the driver, pull the plates, and not permit it for road use until it's back in operable state. I'd say that does the job nicely.
    http://www.morallyambiguous.net/

"Only in concealing one's identity, can one truly be known. (Whatcha!)" - Brother Silence, "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising"

re "dark smoked plate covers"

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacLennan View Post
    I would like to see a blitz on those.
    Really? Of all the things that police could "blitz" you'd choose that? Why? How do dark smoke plate protectors affect you in any way?
    2011 Yamaha FZS800
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfin View Post
    Really? Of all the things that police could "blitz" you'd choose that? Why? How do dark smoke plate protectors affect you in any way?
    It's been my repeated observation that people who make efforts to intentionally obscure/hide their plates are often amongst the worst offenders for driving like a dick. Coincidence? I think not.

The ability for the police to actually make out someones licence plate aside, when said idiots are driving dangerously and someone else wants to call *OPP or 911 to report them, the public should be able to see them as well.
    --VTX1300 (Mine)
    ---VStar 650 (Wife)
    ----GZ250 Marauder (Sold)
    Insurance Price Heat Map

They could add the blitz to the RIDE checks. One cop checks driver another checks the car in general. No change in manpower or time...unless something is improper.

For what it's worth, I've been running an integrated turn signal on my R6 for just over 3 years now; no issues with it. I should also mentioned it's smoked

Just make sure you spend the $ and get a good quality unit. I got mine from TST, the brake light on this smoked model is brighter than the OEM. I also have gotten in the habit of pre-flashing/strobing my brake lights for visibility. As far as turn signal visibility, its easily visible IF the person is relatively close to you (IE. them seeing your intention to change position is actually relevant to your safety in traffic)