Hmmm....something looks fishy to me about this | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hmmm....something looks fishy to me about this

Fr0stByte24

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...ja/1303320469?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

found this 2014 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R on Kijiji and looks fine to me, except the tail end is green when every 2014 636 I've googled has a black one. Also, no 636 stickers on the tail where the usual 600/636 sticker is on kawasaki/suzuki supersports. Dropped? Hiding something? Maybe they just liked the green? Or do I just not know Kawasaki?

e7gp3c.jpg

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes...ja/1303320469?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

found this 2014 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R on Kijiji and looks fine to me, except the tail end is green when every 2014 636 I've googled has a black one. Also, no 636 stickers on the tail where the usual 600/636 sticker is on kawasaki/suzuki supersports. Dropped? Hiding something? Maybe they just liked the green? Or do I just not know Kawasaki?

e7gp3c.jpg

I would ask the seller this question first. Blind side him on the phone unprepared. politely.
I don't know this bike well, hopefully others who are intimate with this bike will chime in.

Last edited:
Why would the owner paint it a different colour if he was trying to hide something?

I know of one model of bike where the tail section plastics varied between blue or silver depending on the year. The rest of the paint job was consistent though. This could be the case here, with the stickers removed by the previous owner.

There's absolutely nothing suspicious about a green tail end on a '13 ZX6R. Some riders remove OEM stickers for aesthetic reasons. Kawasaki change the classic green / black fairings year to year, depending on the trim level.

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Even if it was dropped and the tail piece was replaced, it more than likely would have no affect on anything that actually matters mechanically. Unless, of course, you can see other damage. Looks fine from the photos though.
Purely an aesthetics thing, which would have been fixed if they did repaint it.

Back
Top Bottom