Places to ride DS | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Places to ride DS

I actually like the new Ford ranger

Hope they price it right

Unfortunately i feel they will price it just under the f150

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If you want to ride at my place I'm only 2 or 3 hours away from Toronto in the direction of Ottawa, little pickup truck with a Trials bike in the back would be ideal equipment ;)

... or we could go up the blueberry mountain, that's a hoot! how do you feel about crossing 3 beaver dams?
... or go to Ompah, that's very remote costs a few bucks for a camp permit but the riding is awesome for any category of dirt bike!

Last edited:
Which raises the question; how serious of terrain do people seek to ride?
do you want to go round and round a track real fast and get big air
or ride over big stuff & go up and down stupid steep hills like a mountain goat ?:I

... There should be like a ski slope difficulty rating!
lol my place is a double black diamond but the blueberry mountain is a blue square (intermediate)
and Ompah has everything from the green dot beginner to the double diamond expert runs.

You could have a tree-of-shame to indicate the trail difficulty -

UGIN0Dm.jpg

It's a Mazda B2200, so yes it is essentially a Ford Ranger.
After 1988 yes. Prior to that iirc they were different platforms. But I'm nitpicking.
@kiwi most of those guys with the massive quad cabs.......those trucks are the new penis extenders lol. Guy at my work has never carried anything in the bed of his $80k Ram

I'm a fan of the separate dirt bike idea. I liken it to the same things I've heard about track days -- a) if you get minorly injured or bike damage, how do you get the bike home? b) for me, I'd be exhausted after a day of dirt.
...but now you have to insure 2 bikes...

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

After 1988 yes. Prior to that iirc they were different platforms. But I'm nitpicking.
@kiwi most of those guys with the massive quad cabs.......those trucks are the new penis extenders lol. Guy at my work has never carried anything in the bed of his $80k Ram

I'm a fan of the separate dirt bike idea. I liken it to the same things I've heard about track days -- a) if you get minorly injured or bike damage, how do you get the bike home? b) for me, I'd be exhausted after a day of dirt.
...but now you have to insure 2 bikes...

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I wouldn't venture into the dirt world with 2 bikes...have to sell one

either that or i get a really good deal on a klr or something and can afford to keep 2

I wouldn't venture into the dirt world with 2 bikes...have to sell one

either that or i get a really good deal on a klr or something and can afford to keep 2
Be patient. Took me awhile but I finally picked up a second bike. Now I have my versys and a drz, very happy.
Personally I had to plan and budget to get there, I'm not wealthy. That's part of the reason I chose the Versys, insurance is pretty cheap so I can afford to insure both. The drz being a blue plated "e" model means I'm paying offroad liability rates for on road insurance. Drz now runs me $220 a year, was at $280.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

a Pre 05 yz? I thought you only did trials?

Best Dual Sport ever is a cheap little 2 wheel drive mini pickup with a full on dirt bike in back of it
1999_mazda_b-series-pickup_extended-cab-pickup_b4000-tl_rq_oem_1_500.jpg

very comfortable for year round commuting, cheap to run and insure and you always have your bike handy and ready to ride when you see a place.

Forget the pickup, get a V-Star! A guy from the 3wheeler forums posted a pic how how he hauls his ATC - if he can haul that, there ain't no dirtbike that a V-Star couldn't handle!!

Jed0vAt.jpg

zhzOw8Y.jpg

rbNXl

good lord...talk about a cop magnet

mxr.JPG
:d

Attachments

• mxer.jpg
    mxer.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 21
So essentially you ride the road uninsured then? Lol
Nope. My on road liability insurance was quoted for my drz400e, and that is the rate I pay. My quote for an s model was $150 more. My policy is in full effect and the drz was plated long before 07 so it's all above board.

Nope. My on road liability insurance was quoted for my drz400e, and that is the rate I pay. My quote for an s model was $150 more. My policy is in full effect and the drz was plated long before 07 so it's all above board.

So they know it's ridden on the road and didn't just quote the vin # and give you an offroad policy?

Killer rate for street though.

I went through this with my 250 since it was blue plated. You don't usually see less than a buck per cc for street insurance in the GTA.

No they know it's on the street. They also required me to send photos.

Back
Top Bottom