Las Vegas motorcycle auction. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Las Vegas motorcycle auction.

I learned from a thread on Advrider that auctions often use fake bidders to get things up to reserve.

we've gone a couple times, its a lot more fun than you'd think and there is some serious money changing hands. Just walking the floor and seeing stuff that should be (and was) in a museum, owned by intersting racers, and some selling into 6 digits is very cool.

I'd be interested in attending if I were in Vegas. I doubt I'd go simply for the auction. Its always fun to check out rare or vintage bikes and custom bikes. I'm not exactly rolling in the dough so I'd just be there to watch. I imagine it would cost a few bucks to have it shipped home and there would be duties etc. Still, if you have the $$ and know the value of what you are buying I imagine its a great way to get a bike.

I used to ride with an older gentleman who had over 20 vintage bikes, everything from Hondas to Harleys to BMWs. He always said that some of his best deals were from auctions. He always said it was a waste of money to restore a bike. He said the trick is to let someone else restore them, get bored of them or run into money troubles and then buy them for a fraction of the cost to restore them.

Back
Top Bottom