Shell rotella rebate | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shell rotella rebate

Too bad the T1 isn't included, my wife’s bike doesn’t like synthetic.

Last edited:
Too bad the T1 isn't included. Neither of my bikes like any of the synthetic options with the wet clutches, but I've been running T1 for years.
Rotella Ts are targeted at diesel users, they don't contain the friction modifiers that cause wet clutches to slip.

Their soot control formulation helps contain blowby, and no slip-modifiers are what makes them so attractive to motorcycles.

Rotella Ts are targeted at diesel users, they don't contain the friction modifiers that cause wet clutches to slip.

My wife’s Vstar feels very differently.

Changed hers to Rotella T6 (being air cooled I liked the idea of full synthetic) and the clutch started slipping inside 50KM. I was glad I was riding behind that first day and heard the revs depart from the road speed (with her hand nowhere near the clutch) on a hill, as she doesn’t notice those sorts of things. Changed back to MC oil a few days later and the slip was gone immediately.

I use T4 in my VTX (have for over 3 years now) and never had any issues, but I’m a little paranoid to try it in her bike at this point - I don’t like rebuilding clutches. ;)

Edit: I adjusted my previous response re T4 in my my bike (I just checked the jug), so semi-synthetic, not T1 Dino like I had on my head for some reason.

Last edited:

Changed hers to Rotella T6 (being air cooled I liked the idea of full synthetic) and the clutch started slipping inside 50KM. I was glad I was riding behind that first day and heard the revs depart from the road speed (with her hand nowhere near the clutch) on a hill, as she doesn’t notice those sorts of things. Changed back to MC oil a few days later and the slip was gone immediately.

I use T4 in my VTX (have for over 3 years now) and never had any issues, but I’m a little paranoid to try it in her bike at this point - I don’t like rebuilding clutches. ;)

Edit: I adjusted my previous response re T4 in my my bike (I just checked the jug), so semi-synthetic, not T1 Dino like I had on my head for some reason.
T4 is Dino, t5 is semi.

T4 is Dino, t5 is semi.

Hmm..yeah, either I'm thinking wrong, or did they change the T numbers or something? Pretty sure what's "T4" now used to be called just plain old "Rotella T"?

I think they might have. I have both T and T4 here. Both are Dino.
5d4e96ae44b49675471ca4ba58f22905.jpg
e525a9cbb9c040cd2e5401576cd3ec15.jpg

Ok, that explains why I'm confused them, I have a bottle of both the "T" and the "T4" in the garage.

Maybe her bike doesn't like the 5w viscosity.

My vtr runs fine on whatever I put in it, but recently I have been mixing the 15w T with the 5w T6. Puts it at the recommended 10w.

Maybe try that.

Maybe her bike doesn't like the 5w viscosity.

My vtr runs fine on whatever I put in it, but recently I have been mixing the 15w T with the 5w T6. Puts it at the recommended 10w.

Maybe try that.
So you're mixing conventional oil and synthetic to achieve a 10w?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

So you're mixing conventional oil and synthetic to achieve a 10w?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
2L 15w T, and 2L of 5w T6 synth. I run the T in my dirt bike, as it gets changed often, and the t6 I pick up when it is on sale. Seemed easier than just buying the semi synth.
Same end result.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom