Purchasing New Ninja 300 - any suggestions on what to ask for in the offer? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Purchasing New Ninja 300 - any suggestions on what to ask for in the offer?

WOW! Thats $1000 cheaper than ONTARIO prices. I can bring this ad in to my dealer here but I dont think he will care. I wonder what it would cost me to ship it here?

Shipping is going to run at least $500. BUT then you have the concern, what if the bike gets damaged during shipping, sure the shipper will "likely" fix it, after you fight with them for a couple of months, (even then THEY will choose where and how it gets fixed, may not be to "showroom standards"). plus how long are you without a bike to ride?

The other consideration is unless your doing all your servicing, when you take your bike that you bought at another dealership, in for servicing, and the local dealer has 15 bikes THEY sold to be serviced, guess which bike is the LAST to be serviced???

We all want a bargain but beating down the dealer to within a buck of his cost is not doing anything for anybody.

You wonder why dealers are going broke and closing? Anyone consider that they are not running a charity? Another thread on this forum bemoans the shrinking motorcycle community.

I wonder how that happens? To everything in life "there is an opposite and equal reaction", just like we learned in physics class. Or " do unto others as you would have them do unto you", from some weird idea that some of us learned in a class on Sunday mornings.

Last edited:
Could be wrong, might have been an ad for pre order.
Edit: My bad. Just checked, was an ad for Snow City and it was for pre order.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

hope for the ship to have a tail wind lol
not a big deal ...they will get here
did the dealer give any date for expected arrival?

Last edited:
The other consideration is unless your doing all your servicing, when you take your bike that you bought at another dealership, in for servicing, and the local dealer has 15 bikes THEY sold to be serviced, guess which bike is the LAST to be serviced???

if that was true, i would find another dealer. Dealers here do not care where you bought the bike. I bought my FZ07 at a dealer in Port Moody, and did first service there. Second service i had done at a local Yamaha / Suzuki dealer. (would have bought here too but briefly, salesrep did not get back to me so i bought elsewhere. Made a small point of "waving" bike under his nose after i bought it :) ) But this dealer did a better job on servicing. A bit more expensive but i watched them work on it and they did do what they charged me for. Throttle body sync for one. Said it was off by quite a bit.)

so a dealer would be nuts to turn away or piss off someone wanting service. I read somewhere that they make most of their money on service and parts / gear anyway.

Back
Top Bottom