Purchasing New Ninja 300 - any suggestions on what to ask for in the offer? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Purchasing New Ninja 300 - any suggestions on what to ask for in the offer?

the dealer wants $1200 more for the 400 Ninja compared to the 300. Thats a dealbreaker for me.

going by msrp- pricing from the kawasaki canada website doesn't show that much of a difference.
msrp on the 400 is $5799

$4599 for the 300 would be a good price.

dealers can charge whatever they want. prices can vary between dealers.

Last edited:
I would say spend $3.5kish on a used 14 with ABS. You can find them with less than 10,000km easily.

Unless you plan on never upgrading it, why take the hit?

you can get plenty of nice beginnerish bikes for 3k easy.

OP said hes going from cruiser to more sporty style, ninja 300, r3, cbr500 will all fit the bill

you can get plenty of nice beginnerish bikes for 3k easy.

OP said hes going from cruiser to more sporty style, ninja 300, r3, cbr500 will all fit the bill

300, 400, or 500 - none of which are necessarily beginner bikes ...
OP is going on his 3rd season of riding.

Last edited:
Could also make great track/commuting bikes

Regardless any of them would be a good fit since OP seems to be looking at them

I think the poster knows what he wants. Im a bit envious. Getting a brand new bike ...doesn't get any better lol

Im going to have to give one more pitch for the 2018 ninja 400.
cool factor.
year newer.
better resale value.
+100cc
less weight (barely).
upgraded front suspension/brakes.
F.I.

easily worth more than the extra grand...

Last edited:
I still see it every once in a while and wonder why people think they'll get a better deal if the pay cash....the dealership wants you to finance (not the manufacturer). They make money selling financing as well.

yes but i cant tell you the amount of times dudes walk in thinkin they gettin a bike financed, and drop their little 500$ like it was a million bucks....only to be denied promptly.

With cash a dealer knows he is getting a sale

I think the poster knows what he wants. Im a bit envious. Getting a brand new bike ...doesn't get any better lol

Im going to have to give one more pitch for the 2018 ninja 400.
cool factor.
year newer.
better resale value.
+100cc
less weight (barely).
upgraded front suspension/brakes.
F.I.

easily worth more than the extra grand...

no doubt the 400 is better but i'd never get a first model year bike....let someone else beta test for kawi

no doubt the 400 is better but i'd never get a first model year bike....let someone else beta test for kawi

Waiting for the recalls to start coming in....

yes but i cant tell you the amount of times dudes walk in thinkin they gettin a bike financed, and drop their little 500$ like it was a million bucks....only to be denied promptly.

With cash a dealer knows he is getting a sale

Financing you'll end up paying more insurance on top of interest.

Dumb idea.

I wont be dropping is so no worries there if its brand new.

Never say never

Now to be helpful
Kawasaki usually offer 0% financing for 36 months in the spring
Sturgess cycle gives very good deals on new kawasaki's

Better to buy used as you'll be looking for something different in a year or so
Plus the 300 will lose value once the 400 comes out

Why not the versys 300??

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Take a look at the reasonably priced used motorcycles thread under general motorcycle discussion. There is a very nice 15 ninja 300 being offered for $3000. Only 15,000kms. Seller is a active member here on the gta.

I listed it on kijiji and sold it to the first person who looked for $3500.
3k was too low after giving it some thought.

Are you sure? A couple weeks ago Kawi didn't even have one to bring to the Bike Show.
Could be wrong, might have been an ad for pre order.
Edit: My bad. Just checked, was an ad for Snow City and it was for pre order.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
just for point of reference. Dealer here has new 2017 300 for 3999 ...

"$1500 Factory Mega Cash Rebate off the $5499.00 M.S.R.P. ....... OR...... Financing rates from 0.0% O.A.C.........If purchased before Feb. 28th ....Plus you will receive 1 extra year of Kawasaki Warranty for FREE."
https://www.burnabykawasaki.com/def...il&id=4341194&p=2&s=Year&d=D&fr=xNewInventory

something you can point out to local dealer there?

WOW! Thats $1000 cheaper than ONTARIO prices. I can bring this ad in to my dealer here but I dont think he will care. I wonder what it would cost me to ship it here?

Vos motors has the 400 in stock.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

LMAO. No way. The import for Kawasaki Canada is on a boat. The only ones in Canada are doing the rounds at the motorcycle shows.

Is it the old 400 maybe?

Back
Top Bottom